Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Lin–ny
    Participant

Just went on BA site to check availablitiy from London to Sydney and then back but want to stop-over in Hong Kong. On the way there it seems ok stopping at Singapore. But leaving Sydney for Hong Kong BA must fly me back to London then back to Hong Kong even using Qantas flights. At a cost of over £9000 (in Club Class) as compare to Qantas quote of a touch over £3300.
    But on Qantas site, I am able to fly direct from Sydney to Hong Kong!!!!
    So where has the logic gone with BA!!!!!!!

TROLLYDOLLY
    Participant

Hi Lin–ny

Not sure how you managed that……..if you click on the mulit city bit (which is what you are trying to do) it gives you a price of £4067.00 inc taxes etc travelling in Club all the way……not bad i thought!!!! Although you would have to travel on the codeshare agreement between syd/hkg with CX and not QF

Lin–ny
    Participant

I did used multi cities, Only BA and QF flights were shown, no CX flights shown at all.

TROLLYDOLLY
    Participant

what dates did you use??

Lin–ny
    Participant

March 28th 09 going out, leaving Sydney 14th April 09 to HK, and HK to London 18th April 09

TROLLYDOLLY
    Participant

Hmmmmmmm………….decided to phone a friend. Actually text…..awating reply. Off to hong kong myself tomorrow…..might have to wait till i get back…….will see if I can help…….might be a glitch……I tried dates in sept and it worked fine……..will find out who you need to contact.

TROLLYDOLLY
    Participant

Ok…..my friend was hopeless………While I was waiting tried dates in march ’09 and that was even cheaper £3960.00 but april doesnt seem to be on there……..from what I remember from when I used to work in BA sales……….code share flights seem to take longer to load up onto the system………generally you can buy a BA flight 11 months in advance……….I think code shares can be from 9/10 months (depending on the code share partner)……..sorry…i’m a bit rusty……..I reckon if you wait until july it might appear……if not phone cutomer services and they should….if it is still there…be able to contact the internet help desk or the revenue management department to see what is going on………..sorry I couldn’t help further but I have a sneeky feeling you will be able to book it next month.

Lin–ny
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls