Significantly more more Australian flights for Cathay

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

The airline in recent months has been continually increasing the number of flights from Hong Kong to Australia with several destinations frequency recently increased to once more total over 60 flights per week.

Today’s announcement doubled it Perth flights to 6 per week using now the larger 3 class B777-300 aircraft.
    Last month Brisbane flights were also increased to 6 per week with Sydney now back to a pre – pandemic level of 4 per day.
    Melbourne now has 3 flights per day and Adelaide flights will restart 3rd April using A350 aircraft.
    While still well short of SIA’s dominant 100 flights per week from Singapore and more AU destinations CX has made significant strides in the past few months towards re-establishing its full 2019 schedule and is once again a major force on routes out of Australia to Asia and beyond.

T4Fan
    Participant

Hopefully this will put downward pressure on the extortionate prices between Europe and Australia. They are pretty much double pre pandemic levels in J and F (although they were running at triple for a while)

Rferguson2
    Participant

Agree T4Fan.

I think after the losses during COVID the airlines flying europe to Australia are making hay while the sun shines as the saying goes.

Fares will always be driven by demand and supply and people are obviously willing to pay the fares the airlines are charging. But you are spot on, I would often bag a fare on Qatar out of Scandinavia for less than £2k return to OZ pre pandemic. Even ex EU the deals just aren’t there.

I think that the mainland Chinese carriers who only in the last month or two have really beefed up their Aussie flying will drive fares lower than the likes of Cathay. China Southern and China Eastern both price very competitively in Business. I haven’t tried China Eastern but I found China Southern Business Class to be very good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller February 2024 edition
Business Traveller February 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls