Should I boycott Ryanair?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=900952]FDOS, as someone who is registered I have never heard of any restrictions on sitting in an aisle seat and never been asked to move from one. I have been asked to move from emergency exit rows but not any other seat.[/quote]

I guess it depends what policy the airline has – but you are not reduced mobility, are you? IIRC.

I quoted Finnair policy on people with reduced mobility upthread, but this does not mean all airlines have this policy.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

FDOS, realised my previous omitted the word blind. Am I reduced mobility? The problem here is that my mobility is fine, I just can’t see very well. So you can guarantee that I fly with Finnair, half of the cabin crew will assume that I am reduced mobility and the other half will think not.

To be fair to Ryanair, when they banned that group of blind people many years ago, their resolution was the right one in the end. As I said, they do not count people who are travelling with an abled bodied companion as they work on the reasonable assumption that the companion will take care of the disabled person and the cabin crew take care of the solo passengers.

I think it is fair to say that Finnair’s policy is clearly not “women and children first”!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I think it is fair to say that Finnair’s policy is clearly not “women and children first”!

I disagree. I think Finnair’s policy is meant to save lives – if they able bodied get off quickly, that leaves space for the crew to help the reduced mobility and get them off safely.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls