Short term rental apartments

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• briananiston
    Participant

Hi, I totally agree with you…traveling has its own issues and putting on pounds is definitely one of them…but I also like you now stay in serviced residences …in my last visit to London, I had rented short term apartments from Frasers Hospitality. Their service is worth every penny. What I like about serviced residences like Frasers is that they offer advantages of both hotels & leased accommodation…I had a great time there and the staff was very helpful .. will recommend try them.

http://www.frasershospitality.com/

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

am off to london for a month and needed a short term flat. i looked at Fraser hospitality, nothing ever seemed available and when I wrote them they did not reply

but i found this amazing site http://www.silverdoor.co.uk/
    they have properties all over the world. so far the service has been excellent in as far as assisting me and taking the time to find somewhere to book. (I need a flat near Harley street clinic for my wife and then me as i am off for an operation. the amount of effort silverdoor put in for me to make sure it was close to the clinic, that the flat was on an appropriate floor for me post op, was in my budget range, etc. they sent photos, the works. I highly recommend them to others too if they ant more than a hotel. The web site shows all the countries and cities they do which is quite decent

hope it helps

Papillion53
    Participant

Alwaysreadytofly – just wanted to wish you well for your trip to London. 🙂

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

That is very kind of you. Thank you.

It makes me think of the other tread about disabled pax and flying. In this case BA have also been amazing. As have Heathrow airport. as it is spinal surgery and i can not walk. I tell you they have organised air side ambulances the works. So hats off to them all.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ alwaysreadytofly – 25/10/2012 17:31 GMT

Eeks, it sounds excruciating. Good luck for the op and VMTs for the website which I have just looked up myself for a trip to Berlin: excellent.

alwaysreadytofly
    Participant

I am interested in the Hong Kong properties too.

Not sure if Ian from HK or HK Lady know the locations of the properties and if in decent areas. (Safe, good local restaurants etc)

This forum has the potential to provide good local knowledge form members.

As would German members in Berlin be useful in assisting you AnthonyDunn wih your Berlin search. If there are German members of the forum able to verify a certain property you liked.

I know for London, Tel Aviv, Melbourne, New York and a few others I could assist forum members on a certain property as I have lived in these cities and know the lay of the land pretty well.

Just my thought s on the benefits of such a forum. (Not all threads have to have jabs at each other by certain posters). Seems most threads lean towards this at a certain stage, page 3 often tends to lean towards the harsh!!! This one is still page one, so maybe still relatively save!!!

Evil eye of course!!!

cityapt
    Participant

The Hotel Milton Keynes is plenty of suit all budgets and lifestyles. Whether you want to be centrally located in the historic town site or out near the beach, our accommodation guide has something for you.

Bill_Hants
    Participant

Ha!

After a day on the beach at Leighton Buzzard, there is nothing better than a stroll through the historic town of Milton Keynes before turning in for the night at my short term rental apartment.

Bill

tiggerbrown
    Participant

Having lived several years in LB and currently now living in CMK I can confirm there are plenty of lovely little villages which comprise “old MK” through which I often enjoy a lovely stroll – much more pleasant than the Buzzard or any other local town.

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

I have also rented apartments for a short stay abroad. Can very much recommend http://www.airbnb.com – it has everything from serviced apartments (almost a hotel) to basic furnished flats.

Their system works and while no doubt every system has some rogue operators and no-one can absolutely promise a trouble-free let, I have certainly found it secure and honest.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

readytofly: There are a large number of serviced apartments in HK. Examples close to Central would include Two MacDonnell Road (not so convenient but modestly priced), Pacific Place Apartments (fabulous location as it is above the Pacific Place shopping mall, with taxi stand outside and MTR underneath), Four Seasons Apartments (very upmarket as they are part of the Four Seasons), Victoria Apartments, and many many others. Depends on your budget and precisely where you want to get to. The Four Seasons, for example, is great for Western Central or Sheung Wan but rather inconvenient for eastern Central or Admiralty; whereas the opposite is true for the Pacific Place Apartments.

As to safety – fortunately, that isn’t an issue in Hong Kong where personal violence is almost exclusively triad-related (and affecting only those involved in triad activity) or domestic. The memsahib could walk on her own through WanChai (the nightlife district) at 3am without a worry. My 15-year-old daughter takes public transport through Central on her own and we don’t bat an eyelid. The only caveat I would give to this is that one known – but fortunately not widespread – problem is that of people having their drinks spiked so that their bank accounts can be cleared out – Rohypnol is the usual culprit, with the victims being taken to ATMs to withdraw cash. So – if you are drinking on your own in Lan Kwai Fong or Wan Chai, make sure you keep your drink in sight, preferably with your hand/thumb/finger over the top so nothing can be dropped into it. Other than that, nothing really to worry about on the personal safety front.

ibiztraveller
    Participant

I have recently been to Cambodia and found a great website to help with my travel stays. It’s not top class luxury but it did me great and meant that i didnt have to eat out every night. https://roomorama.com/short-term-rentals/cambodia

deepblueapts
    Participant

Honestly, short term apartments or serviced apartments are one of the better options when on long stays. Not having a full kitchen in a hotel can really cause some major money and diet issues with all of the eating out that usually occurs. We offer a lot of serviced apartments in London and the UK that have full kitchens as well as onsite maid services so you don’t have to worry about laundry and clean-up. This really is the best way to go for business trips and other long term stays. Check out our offerings at http://www.deepblue-apartments.com
    http://www.deepblue-apartments.com

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls