Shocking Incompetence of bmi’s Diamond Club Systems Upgrade

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• corkie*
    Participant

In response to MarkRoberts9…

The availability bmi offer is the same as other airlines in *A. All *A airlines (except LX) show their available FF redemption seats on the main systems and you can see these yourself using the ANA wesbite (see flyertalk for info). However, some airlines withhold them from the system until they want to release them.

I personally have redemed bmi miles for longhaul seats with SQ, NZ, TG & LX in the past 12 months. If you do the research using ANA and other tools like seatcounter and flyertalk, you will be able to see the availability then phone the ICC to request the flights you know to be available.

Maybe these people who deem bmi “blatant liars” and such-like need to understand how the systems work and how to use it to your benefit, before ranting on forums like this…

monstertravels
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve seriously got nowhere with the BMI site. Even more unhelpful was the call centre.
    Please can someone tell me if I can use my BMI points for an upgrade on an already booked Thai Airlines flight? I have well over 100K points and have not used any but thought a nice upgrade to Australia would be a treat.
    Any help please?
    Thanks 🙂

corkie*
    Participant

Diamond club does not allow the use of miles for upgrades and this is not uncommon within *A. Only a few *A programs actually permitt this and I think it may also only be on certain carriers…

MarcusUK
    Participant

Availabilities were confirmed by the SQ Corporate Business Manager for me in Sydney, & the Duty manager of Air New Zealand in London, at the time of requests to the BMI centre.
    They were released by the airlines concerned already, so this does not apply.
    LH, SQ, NZ, TG, all had these seats available on their systems in the *A. They were checked by senior Managers at each airline on the *A booking classes.

There is no world airline, where their FFP has been so much on this forum for such a longitudinal, systemic series of complaints about redeeming miles. It truly is an atrocious record.
    Having spoken to those that manage & release these flights from their own Airlines, BMI (I repeat) , deliberately withold these flights on financial grounds.
    Perhaps LH or the financial holding Company who are taking control of BMI , will transfer it over to Miles & More. In its current state, it’s a shambles, as reported by many on this forum.
    It is the worst FFP reputation…

continentalclub
    Participant

It’s widely known that UA do not offer full access to all award inventory loaded by *A airlines, however there’s no evidence to suggest that BD do the same.

Indeed, other than in cases of individual agents’ incompetence or disinclination, I have never come across an instance where BD availability does not match that loaded on to Starnet.

That is to take nothing away from the assertion that the BD scheme is actually anything but a catalyst to drive patronage of BD-operated flights; nor the contention that the Pune contact centre is little more than a shambolic embarrassment to the bmi brand.

Agents are regularly unhelpful, incapable and, in some cases, rude and/or incomprehensible. Systems are archaic and often non-automated, ticketing is hit-and-miss, email confirmations non-existent or months late, and change notifications a distant dream.

The Times carries a small piece on one reader’s problems today, however their website is currently suffering from bmi-itis and the link to the story is unavailable…..

CloudNine
    Participant

Has anyone lost valid status miles after an account reset, and how did they (if indeed they did!) get them reinstated?

My Diamond Club account year ends on 30 April, although the account itself was not reset until 30 June. I accrued 4,800 status miles in May that ought to count towards retaining Gold status for the year ending 30 April 2010 but they disappeared on reset. In previous years miles accrued during the overlap period between the start of the new account year and the resetting of the account were retained. I suspect the transfer of Diamond Club management to iFly Loyalty has something to do with it.

Not getting these miles reinstated will jeopardise retention of Gold level but trying to deal with Diamond Club is a joke.

After reading some posts about the near impossibility of redeeming air miles (I know the feeling) maybe BMI’s solution is to stop their customers from accruing them in the first place!

SimonS1
    Participant

I had the same problem on all 4 of the cards for my family. When I called them I ended up speaking to India who had no real idea and I was basically fobbed off. In fact it makes little difference as I have pretty much discontinued all travel with BMI, since they started flying from JED to LHR via Riyadh I found it cheaper and about the same time to go via Dubai or directly with BA.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls