Shock, Horror, BA crams 27 pax into First Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

icenspice
    Participant

Did BA reconfigure the aircraft? With 14 or whatever in First it’s a tight squeeze.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Well, you could load 14 and then put 13 in the buddy seats 🙂

icenspice
    Participant

Quick thinking, FDOS. ?

travelworld
    Participant

From the look of the YouTube footage, Max Whitlock tried some of his gymnastics on the seats in first class. I’m flying First to Rio next month but suspect they won’t appreciate my doing likewise. Probably just as well…..

I echo FDOS’ comment- a remarkable achievement by everyone. Very well done.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

And very good coverage for British Airways, as pointed out by the Guardian

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

Congratulations to a Great Team GB
    Awesome performance and well done BA for entering into the spirit of team ethics, high performance and gold medal thinking!

Alas the rest of us, will need to be a bit more REAListic than RIOistic

Great clip on Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10549068/a-heroes-welcome-for-gbs-olympians

Charles-P
    Participant

A nice bit of publicity for BA, someone in their marketing department has done a very good job. I was fearful that Virgin would be doing the flight meaning the inevitable face to camera gurning from the bearded wonder.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Defcon5
    Participant

Can I ask why you would be horrified if it was Virgin Atlantic operating that flight?

Defcon5
    Participant

I should have read your post in full before posting, interesting opinion none the less…

Charles-P
    Participant

Defcon – I should say I have no problem with Virgin as an airline, I don’t tend to use them but that is only because I find BA better on the routes they fly. I did however fear that should Virgin be the carrier of the GB Olympic team the photos would be dominated not by the winners but by Branson doing something “wacky” in the search for yet more free publicity. As might be expected BA acted in a more dignified manner.

DerekVH
    Participant

I suspect there were no complaints about 2x4x2 seating in club on this flight!

esselle
    Participant

The thing I found a bit odd about this story is that they apparently loaded 77 bottles of champagne. For +/- 350 pax that is less than 1.5 glasses per head. Is this another BA enhancement?

GivingupBA
    Participant

esselle, I suspect that the 77 bottles of champagne flowed a lot more freely for the medal winners towards the front of the plane!

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarcusGB
    Participant

A very poor cheap effort again from BA. The £5 stick on posters to “Rename” the Aircraft, clearly can be seen against the faded old aircraft, and you can hardly notice the Gold nose.

KLM’s Orange painted 777-ER,fading into KLM Blue, took far more investment, thought and effort, including Dutch beers on tap facility! It has and will be flying around for many months, and is not stuck on for the day. Have seen it, it looks superb and very Unique and clever.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls