Shared luggage on Ryanair

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

JeffD
    Participant

I have a colleague flying Ryanair. He has paid upfront for 4 x luggage for his family at 15 kgs each. Does anyone know if this can equate to 2 x 30 kgs or does each person have to have a bag to check in ?
    Appreciate your thoughts.

afrance
    Participant

Ryanair’s rules state that you can’t pool baggage in this way, and they do tend to be sticklers for the rules (it does depend on the check-in team) – but I have even seen two people with one 18kg suitcase and both having paid for a 15kg allowance been charged.

canucklad
    Participant

As someone who has been stung by Ryanair, tell your colleague to stick rigidly to the rules.

4 x 15kgs

I have a firm believe that FR staff are incentivised on how much extra revenue they can generate by penalising people who fall foul of the smallest breach in their T &C’s

And make sure they get to the gate 30 minutes before the gate is due to ” Close”

The new friendlier face of FRightmares customer service is probably more like a leopard purring at you !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can also confirm, though not from personal experience but from friends and colleagues, that 4 x 15kg means just that, 4 cases up to 15 kg each.

I’ve also been told, but no proof of this, that the scales are clocked, so unless you want an argument I’d suggest packing just 14 kgs in each case.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls