Service is operated by Titan Airways on behalf of British Airways

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• BugAdvisor
    Participant

I was booked to fly BA Club Europe from Prague to London Heathrow on the 20th February. I received an early-morning email from BA to say:

Flight Information
    Dear Customer,
    Flight BA0857 on 20-Feb/PRG – This service is operated by Titan Airways on our behalf. We apologise for any issues this may cause.

BA use Titan where they have a crew/aircraft shortage. The mixed fleet strike over the weekend was probably the reason this occasion. I envisaged a complaint to BA about some element of service that was missing. The reality was that Titan Airways were mostly much better!

I took my seat 1D – the bulkhead was slightly closer than on the usual BA flight (this was a 757-200). The leather seat was a little shabby but more comfortable than the BA equivalent. There was a corridor between 1D and the galley – all passengers boarded via this route.

A glass of champagne was presented – something that doesn’t happen on BA Club Europe.

There was a manual security demo – I prefer these to the same old ‘picking up the teddy bear’ video. The downside was that passengers were advised that they couldn’t use portable electronics during take off and landing – different airline, different rules, but on a short flight like this that eats into my iPad play.

We were told that a meal and drinks would be served in Club and a snack and drinks in economy – what a bonus for economy passengers who would have been faced with BA buy on board!

Once airborne and even with my headphones on, the aircraft was noisy.

Hot towels arrived. Drinks were offered and delivered – they were from the same bar as BA use. Food choices were the same as BA, so the Club food has been loaded. I’ve no idea what the selection was in economy, although I bet nobody complained about the lack of BOB Marks & Spencer sandwiches.

The business toilet was clean and had nice amenities.

There was an in-flight entertainment system available, but it required an app that had to be downloaded from the App Store – so pretty useless unless you knew that before you boarded.

Tables were cleared and more hot towels arrived – never seen this before in BA Club.

The flight was perfectly on time. Disembarking was from a door just behind the last row of business. The flight attendant held back economy passengers until Club had de-planed.

So a pretty good flight that actually felt more like business than BA. I’d certainly be happy to find my next flight, economy or club, was replaced by Titan Airways.

747foreverforus
    Participant

Very similar experience yesterday, BA 854 to Warsaw in eurotraveller
    Disappointed on Sunday morning when email arrived telling me that Titan were operating the flight, and on checking in noticed that I was no longer in emergency exit row 12 (BA A320) but decided to stick with original seat

Boarding was a complete joke – not the fault of Titan but BA, no priority etc and a general scrum – no change there then

Very nice welcome by crew, 31 inch seat pitch, no one sitting next to me, so really rather pleasant

I noticed that the club passengers were given a drink before take off, a nice touch and as BugAdvisor says, not the usual BA Club Europe offering

No portable equipment on take off, mildly annoying, nothing more

Then came the real surprise, the announcement that complimentary drinks and snacks would be provided in The main cabin, as there was no curtain to divide Club/ economy I did notice that the club service seemed much more attentive, no trolleys, all service appeared to be delivered to each seat directly from the galley, but this is only an observation as I was sitting soneway back

On the whole the crew were very polite, engaged and seemed to enjoy their jobs!

GivingupBA
    Participant

I often fly Club Europe and just once, flying Venice to London after a strike in Italy, BA were replaced with Titan. They seemed just as good in CE, or a bit better, than BA on all counts.

Tramor01
    Participant

Shhh don’t praise Titan too much otherwise BA may want to impose an enhanced service surcharge for these flights 😉

FFlyerTJW1
    Participant

I’d be interested if anybody flew on one of the BA flights that were operated by Thomas Cook and to see how this compares to Titan. I’d be surprised if it was to the same level!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls