Selected bmi Flights Now For Sale On BA.com

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

This is good news, and shows that work has been happening behind the scenes to ensure a speedy tie-up. You’ll also be able to earn Avios and TPs on these service, listed below:

• Yerevan (Armenia)
    • Baku (Azerbaijan)
    • Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
    • Tbilisi (Georgia)
    • Almaty (Kazakhstan)
    • Freetown (Sierra Leone)

Don’t all rush at once (though I hear Freetown is passable for a weekend).

As ever, redeem you bmi miles asap!

LeTigre
    Participant

Thanks VK, just got this info from thebasource.com:

3rd April 2012 – British Airways codeshares on bmi British Midland Announced.
    British Airways today announced that it will commence codeshare on certain bmi British Midland International services from this Friday 5th April. The routes involved are from London Heathrow to and from Addis Ababa, Almaty, Baku, Beirut, Bishkek, Freetown, Khartoum, Tblisi and Yerevan. Avios points and Tier Points will be available to British Airways Executive Club members.

Coincidently, these are the routes I most want BA to keep…a good sign, I’m sure!

Will the new BA feed make these routes sustainable?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Who knows. bmi’s route selection was wacky and weird, without any clear justification.

It reads like a Borat holiday wish-list.

TominScotland
    Participant

Of course the neat irony here is that many of these routes (not all) are former BMed routes which operated under BA colours until BMI took them over……

TominScotland
    Participant

VK, your advice on bmi miles is good BUT compare this for extras

BA Glasgow – Vienna 15,000 miles plus £27 charges

bmi Edinburgh – Vienna 18,000 miles plus £197.48 charges (no Glasgow option)

I will see if BA offer any transferability for my bmi miles………

sparkyflier
    Participant

BMI does operate to some interesting places and “niche”markets, which considering they use 320/321s are probably justifiable.

Also in the past the fares to some of these places have not been low. I have looked at Freetown and Yerevan before and even in economy they were surprisingly high.

Some of their routes go to oil and gas destinations (Baku, Almaty), some to economies which are doing well – Sierra Leone & Ethiopia.

Might be a good opportunity to try their mid haul product, which I am hoping BA will introduce on some of their longer European routes. . .

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I was quite amused to find a BD operated flight that has an LH flight number (LHR-TXL) with my SEN number in the booking on the BA site.

I wonder how this will all work out after 20th April, are LH paying BA to operate the flight for them or will we see and LH A319 appear on the route instead.

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

These ex BMed routes that went to bmi are what BA would not pay over the odds for about 4 years ago. Don’t forget BA handled the bookings and would have been aware of the income on these routes and chose not to buy bmi at the price bmi settled for in a dash for growth into mid haul markets. Now IAG/BA are getting a much larger loss making airline with a lot more slots for not much more. It seems like patience wins out, and the swift integration is under way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls