Security queue Manchester

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Terminal 1 at 0730 this morning. The queue went right through the terminal and outside into the drop off zone. 30 mins to get to the scanners – to me, this is not an acceptable delay.

Somewhat bizarre, despite the fact that they were guiding latecomers to the fast-track, I was denied access even though I had a Star Gold and was travelling Premium Economy.

Not worth arguing with the person doing the denying (as we all know) but I would like to know more about this length of delay and why fast-track was closed off to me?

conair346
    Participant

Manchester Airport does not recognise premium class travellers, nor elite status FFP’s. It is upto the airlines agents to provide the means to you to access the fast lane. As you may have experienced theres little green MAG stickers for fast lane access. The airport charges the airlines per passenger a premium and they count this by stickers issued.

The queues are MAG’s fault and as such they will not want to be liable for delays to passengers (IATA 85 or 87) so anyone with a short departure time may have been permitted access to the fast lane. If you’ve checked in online, a short dash to your airlines ticket desk or premium checkin the staff should give you a sticker for your boarding card. For mobile boarding cards I cannot comment though.

I’ve had a few flights cut fine recently where even crew are delayed due to Manchester security.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls