Security – Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Through London City yesterday and had what I can only describe as a trouser area body search that under any other circumstances or situation would have resulted in an allegation assault. It felt like an intended and purposeful search of the groin area and I felt extremely uncomfortable.

I also experienced, for the first time, fingers being inserted on the inside of my trouser waistband, about 2 – 3 inches down.

I exclaimed “watch it” and “careful” on 2 separate occasions to the security operative, who merely laughed and said he was doing his job – if I wanted to complain he would find his supervisor. This was witnessed by 3 other passengers one of whom changed to another security lane.

Besides the general discussion of the appropriateness of these kinds of searches, the wider question should be asked, why are they necessary?

What exactly are their hands going to find that the metal detector or security scanning machine (which ever one they use) is not going to find.

Having just entered the States at JFK and endured security American style, I was not body searched once and neither did I use the latest body scanning machine that strips you naked.

So, what exactly is the point of having my groin area felt, because one of these days, someone, is surely to do a “Diana Ross” again!

Stowage222
    Participant

I guess we have Mr Underpants Bomber to thank for that. I totally agree that if a body search is going to take place why scan us as well.

A lot of searches are random so even if you don’t “beep” you could still be searched. I’m not saying any more as I don’t want to have to find my soapbox again.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls