Seating on BA flights operated by Stobart

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

I will fly next week on a Stobart operated flight (E90). While I saw this BT article, I could not find anything on seating. BA.com gives the following configuration in business: A aisle CD. No B, and a single A. I’ve seen this on other airlines, but not on BA nor on the seat plan of other Stobart operated flights. Any new policy or should I just consider this is a bug?
    Thanks

manxman123
    Participant

There are 3 seats in a row. Seat A is both aisle and window. C is aisle on the other side and D is window

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks. Booked 1A. Curious to see how it looks, the E90 not being that narrow…

ViajeroUK
    Participant

I believe the Stobart aircraft is an Embraer E190, not E90. I have flown this type of aircraft with other operators (AeroMexico, Belavia) with a 1 x 2 configuration in first three rows, and 2 x 2 in the rear. Unlike BA they were fitted with larger seats in business, hence the 1 x 2 config, with a fixed divider between the cabin sections. The aisle was off-set at the front then ‘kinked’ at the divider to be central in the economy section. Maybe the Stobart aircraft will have a similar layout. The Business section could not be extended due to the different seats and fixed bulkhead unlike the BA E190/195 which is effectively laid out as all economy.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=922156]I believe the Stobart aircraft is an Embraer E190[/quote]

Correct. Here’s our piece from last October.

Stobart Air to operate British Airways services at London City

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, Viajero!

P.S.: E90 is the IATA code for the E190 aircraft

Swissdiver
    Participant

Gosh, a real business class seat in Europe. Quite disturbing! Last time I saw one, I was flying Aeroflot! Hope we’ll have more of these Stobart operated flights out there!

Bullfrog
    Participant

@Swissdiver .. how was the configuration of the E90 operated by Stobart ? as I am due to fly on one next Monday. Which row has more legroom .. row 1 or row 2 ?

Yesterday’s BF flight from LCY to Bergerac was operated by a 34 year old BAe 146 JOTA aircraft .. although there were only 9 passengers on the flight, I understand the return flight was full.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=935269] @Swissdiver .. how was the configuration of the E90 operated by Stobart ? as I am due to fly on one next Monday. Which row has more legroom .. row 1 or row 2 ?

Yesterday’s BF flight from LCY to Bergerac was operated by a 34 year old BAe 146 JOTA aircraft .. although there were only 9 passengers on the flight, I understand the return flight was full.[/quote]

1A was good (solo seat). 1st raw is in general nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls