Seat selection fee Qatar Business Class Lite

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• KoenH
    Participant

Dear all,

I’m considering a Qatar Business Class Lite ticket for our holiday trip from AMS-CPT. But despite the website and the Customer Support center (phone and social media), nobody can tell me what the fee will be for Seat Selection. Maybe one of you can give me an answer or an estimate on the fees for BC seat selection?

Thanks in advance.

FormerBA
    Participant

I don’t think you an pay a fee to select a seat I think the requirement is that you must choose the higher fare.

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

There are two flights involved (both out and back) and you did not say roughly when you would be travelling.

Is Business Class Lite available on the days you wish to travel (bearing in mind you will need two flights each way) ?

Have you made a dummy (ghost) booking ?

I ask because, on your behalf, I made a dummy booking for this month but no Lite fares were offered on the dates I chose.

But when I checked for March QR’s website displayed a “Classic” price (where seat selection costs extra).

The fee for seat selection is not displayed.

But if you compared Classic with Comfort and Elite you will see the difference in price by not opting for seat selection.

ctr
    Participant

I booked some Qatar Business Lite flights yesterday and as I have BA Silver status that enabled me to select my seats during the booking process (at no cost) – the option came up automatically. So if you have the relevant status you should be able to book them – not sure how you might do this otherwise though, there may be an option under the “manage my booking” option after it’s all booked and paid for?

EU_Flyer
    Participant

The Qatar website is particularly unclear and not transparent on this. The fees are probably sector specific but I wonder if they’re deliberately vague so as to entice you to buy the next fare level up where seating is included, if seating is important to you. I have oneworld status so when I bought such a fare last year I received seating for free but I may have thought twice about a lite fare had that not been the case.

1 user thanked author for this post.

John S
    Participant

I just originally booked Lite on one of my legs, flying from Seoul to LHR worked out at slightly more expensive to book the seat than booking comfort, so amended my booking.

KoenH
    Participant

Thank you all for your answers. Although Qatar Airways was not able to tell me what the Seat Selection would costs (for Lite and Classic you need to pay a fee for that), I was able to make a ghost booking and got the answer I was looking for: €75-€88 per person per flight. So €660 in total. Thanks to @AMcWirther for the tip. I know the customer support employee also tried this, but did not succeeded he said. Therefore I never tried myself. But I was able to do so and found the answer.

Thanks you all for the great help.

Regards,

Koen

KoenH
    Participant

[postquote quote=1203925]

A Ghost booking was the answer. Thanks for the tip!

Rohan
    Participant

Booked QR flights recently on the Lite fare – it was approx. USD 85 per seat for long haul, and USD 30 per seat for medium haul. However, once I had entered my FF number, it recognised BAEC Gold and the seat selection was free.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls