Seat Plans on BA website

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Bullfrog
    Participant

I’m flying back from Austin next week on BA’s 787-9 in First Class … very disappointing that they’re not showing the 787-9 on the Seat Map pages.

Derek1948
    Participant

I’m having sort of a similar problem with a BA flight to Tampa in November this year. My Travel Agent, who I use because they will pre-book and reserve seats for me free of charge in Club class, have told me that their Galileo system shows this aircraft as a 4 class 777-200. I have flown this route many times and have never ever seen this configuration. I phoned BAEC who confirmed it would be a 3 class 777-200. I did a dummy booking through BA direct and it only showed 3 classes, First not being available on this flight. So how do I persuade my TA to check with Galileo to see if they know something BA do not know or d I book direct through BA and spend the extra money to pre-book my seats and offset the extra cost by using some of my Avios to guarantee my usual seats?

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Bullfrog – this is not meant to be a pro BA post, but I’ve found the F cabin on the 787-9 to be the best of BA’s F cabins. I don’t think there is a bad seat to be had in this particular cabin.

Derek – I’ve flown this route before when a 4 class 777 has been used. The F cabin was closed off / not used and the J cabin began at row 10. If you look at the MMB section on the BA website and look to pick a seat it should show you what config of aircraft is currently scheduled to be utilised. They could perform an aircraft swap (happened with me), so my row 2 seat then became a row 11 seat.

Derek1948
    Participant

Alan, thank you so much for the advice. Hopefully if my TA can book seats 11A and B and then go into MMB then they can change back to 2A and B if it is a 3 class. And will allow me to keep my Avios of course for something else.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Thanks garrison76, your links worked ..

I was surprised to see that there was no seating plan on this link

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/seating/seat-maps/first-seatmap

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls