Seat changes by BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

• Irons80
    Participant

Except you haven’t – you’ve replied to his posts twice in this thread alone. So, actually what on earth are you talking about? And now I wait for you to start on me…

JonathanM8
    Participant

Pre-allocated seats being moved by BA has only been an issue for me where it is close to (mostly just behind the dreaded CE/ET curtain. The curtain can get moved in the final 3 days before departure, so I have been moved back (as the curtain goes back), generally to the next available equivelant seat (ie as happened for Monday, moved back from 4A to 5A on a flight to Orly). The issue is that you only know this if you happen to log onto the flight on the website (ie no notification by email) and sometimes, the next ‘best’ seat can be a number of rows back. Worst cases is where I have been moved back to the next available row, which turns out to be the row in front of the emergancy exit and therefore non-reclining (who would actively select that row anyway?)

I am not sure that there is any system that could be intelligent enough. The solution is on short-haul flights, dont move the curtain, or always travel CE (not for all mortals!)

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Funny, I would say that SQ was my favourite airline but as I’m not a PPS member, just a fare paying passenger, I’ve had a number of seat moves with them including upper deck of a 744 to middle seat on the main deck in C.

Of course a fact should not be allowed to get in the way of a detractory statement based on ignorance like that posted at 14:41.

I hope the poster will continue to support the pro-BA agenda at all times no matter how stupid he sounds. Anything else would be out of character.

Irons80
    Participant

Glad you haven’t disappointed. Thanks for calling me ignorant. You’ve had a number of seat moves with SQ? I thought you said ‘others have very occasionally’ moved you?

I am stupid and ignorant (words you used in your post above). Clearly owing to that fact, I really don’t understand what you are talking about.

lloydah
    Participant

Deep breath Irons80. No one likes name calling, just remember it’s grasped by those who have no other facts to fall back on.

Papillion53
    Participant

Popcorn time????!!!! 🙁

Irons80
    Participant

Yup. Enjoy 🙂
    It’s really hard to stand people who constantly goad and antagonise others and who clearly believe themselves to be beyond reproach. I know we’ve been through this quite a number of times, but clearly it’s making no difference to the attitude and behaviour of some.

lloydah
    Participant

G and T I think 🙂

Papillion53
    Participant

Irons80 – yep, popcorn was the only word I could think of to use in the place of the many I really wanted to type! 😉 🙂

Lloydah – much better suggestion dahlink! 🙂

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

Happened to me on a flight this morning to CDG. I was originally booked in 7A in Euro Traveller, then shunted back to 8A (no e-mail notification, nothing from BA.com, nada), and then low and behold the last few rows of Club Europe were empty anyway.

Go figure.

JonathanM8
    Participant

Seanyjmuclhr…..yes I should have said on the occasions that I get moved back, CE is empty (or at least not full). Perhaps the curtain position relates to the return sector (on the basis that cabin crew can’t move curtains!)

Stretch
    Participant

I’ve had my seat moved (only on short haul) on a few occasions as a Silver and Gold member. Surely if you’ve reserved a seat in the 1st row behind CE and they move the curtain, they should move your seat accordingly – if you’re in 7C and they move the curtain back one row, they should ensure you’re in 8C. It almost defeats the object of having advanced seat selection as a benefit for Gold and Silver card holders. I agree with those of you who say notification should be sent if your seat has been changed by BA, just as you receive confirmation that you’ve made a change to your booking. I hope someone at BA is reading this, because it is annoying.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

“Irons80 – 05/12/2012 15:43 GMT

Yup. Enjoy 🙂
    It’s really hard to stand people who constantly goad and antagonise others and who clearly believe themselves to be beyond reproach.”

Insight in to your own behaviour at last. Rarely a positive contribution, just antagonism.

Irons80
    Participant

What a childish response. Thank you for continuing to prove my point. How am I claiming to be beyond reproach? I am lost on what insight you contribute, except for finding any opportunity you can to a) wind up other posters and b) find any opportunity you can to show how terrible BA are.

I really wish you would leave this forum for good. Please – instead of threatening to leave and even doing so for a short period, will you just leave for good? It is such a nicer forum when you don’t post and many others have echoed this sentiment.

However, if you insist on staying, why can’t you try being nice? You might find that people will be nice to you…

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I am going to post my experiences here in the hope that people don’t give up halfway through the first page.

I am a single traveller and have flown BA 14 times this year, most in Club Europe. I prefer to sit in the last row of the CE cabin in the A seat hoping that there aren’t too many single travellers that want to sit in the corresponding C seat. It has worked out each time.

On my recent trip to Prague I had selected 5A, the last row and whilst the curtain never moved I was moved forward to 2A no fewer than 17 times. 2C was occupied. I normally go for aisle seats but do like a window if there is an empty row, so I have no idea why it allocated me an A seat. I did ask BA why it changed me every other day and they said it was for operational reasons.. Seems pointless really.

As others have said, when I change my seat as I have done it myself I don’t really need an email telling me so. One would be appreciated when BA change my seat.

The only other seat change I have had this year was on the 1 occasion that I was flying ET and had 7A, the first row and was moved forward to 2A. Didn’t mind that there was someone sitting in 2C on that move.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls