Seat-back cameras! Did you know?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• ghlotus
    Participant

Why have they installed them if they’re “never going to be activated”???

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/airplane-seat-camera-intl/index.html

stevescoots
    Participant

I have seen these before, and as most of the newer systems are Android based assumed the suppliers had used an off the shelf touchscreen module which would save a huge cost. i really dont know what the fuss is about, almost all forms of public transport now have CCTV and i am pretty sure the main areas of the cabin would have some form

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve also seen these on an Emirates flight. The steward told me they were not activated but that didn’t stop me taking a sticky note and putting it over the camera!

Graeme Bell
    Participant

It’s my (perhaps naive) opinion that camera installation was intended to allow users to communicate via video call using utilities such as Skype.

I don’t believe for one minute that many airlines would be stupid enough to use the cameras to monitor the pax’s behaviour without the pax’s consent.

Frankly, if someone wants to watch me in my seat so as to monitor my behaviour with the intent to improve the service provided to me, I would grant them permission. I don’t do anything in my seat that I am embarrassed about.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls