Searching for ultimate business trip carry-on Luggage?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

matty3d
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’m wondering if anyone can help me out as I’m looking for new luggage, but I haven’t found anything that is “super ingenious” or one that works any better than another brand. That being said I think I’m going to not buy a set this time, even though I always think I’m going to use all the pieces I end up using the mid sized one and almost never using the other pieces. Does anyone have any recommendations of luggage they’ve had great luck with? I’ve found a couple pieces that aren’t bad but what I really cannot seem to find anywhere is a suitcase that one can carryon but that will fit a full sized men’s suit jacket without having to fold it into quarters and wrinkling the heck out of it. I’ve tried various suit bags but they don’t have any form to them and end up bulging on one side or just being too fat generally because of the hangers etc. (not a fan of them and I’ve tried a couple different ones). I guess I need the perfect business trip bag, something that I can carry an extra suit, three dress shirts, a pair of shoes, toiletries and various incidentals (maybe a polo top, t-shirt and pair of jeans), I know people who tend to pack all this stuff in a carryon, but I don’t know how they do it and part of it I think is that I’m a 44L so my suit jackets are a little bigger and wider than theirs are. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or websites I should checkout that would be awesome. Thanks again,
    Matt

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would strongly recommend Tumi brand luggage – it is expensive but the guarantee is actually worth the paper it is written on – recently I had a problem with the sliding handle on my carry-on, which was bent when I checked it into the hold, and Tumi replaced it for free within two weeks. Truly great customer service!

The T-Tech range is cost effective, though I preferrred the previous range rather than the current new version:

http://www.tumi.com/t-tech-adventure/international-20inch-business-carry-on/

Much better to buy this in the US, as prices are half what you see in Europe.

Macy’s are particularly good, though the range is often more limited than a Tumi store for this as you get a 10% out of state discount on presenting your ID at the Customer Service desk.

BlackTower
    Participant

Tyler Brule who writes in FTweekend and edits Monocle has an unhealthy obsession with this very issue and believes he has found the best item in Japan although as a skinny gay chap he may have different requirements to you

http://www.ft.com/arts/columnists/tylerbrule

Swear by Samsonite myself. Having won a Pro-DLX in letter of the month with Business Travller I bought a second in the US. Echoing VintageKrug it was half the UK price. Wish I’d known the 10% out of state trick though…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls