SAS New Lounge in Oslo

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

KSHaggag
    Participant

I had the chance to visit the new SAS Lounge at Oslo Airport two weeks ago and was stunned by the awesome ambience ,the excellent vibe ,the lovely colours ,the superb decoration and the great facilities available there !

I would like to vote for that lounge as THE BEST facility I have been to in European airports over the last twenty years or so for continental European flights !!..Great food options ,drinks ,internet stations ( they are indeed WORKING ….) ,etc…a real heaven for Business passengers in the Schengen area !

Bravo SAS!

I am considering shifting a big chunk of my traffic to SAS whenever the deviation to fly via OSL,CPH,ARN is not too huge !!!

SAS….you won my heart !

lesmclaren
    Participant

Indeed a HUGE improvement and very welcome. FYI the Business lounge at ARN has also gone through a transformation [almost completed when I last visited].
    My only negative comment [with both lounges] is that the toilet areas are too small for the sizes of the lounge.
    Lets hope SAS now starts updating its European fleet which is badly in need of total replacement / refurbishment!

KSHaggag
    Participant

I will be looking forward to sampling the new longhaul SAS products in Business and SAS Plus on the A333 to Hong Kong ,USA ,etc..

lesmclaren
    Participant

KSH – Worth checking on the SAS site that the aircraft you are flying on has been updated. There is a very useful list of those updated and the proposed dates for the rest of the [long haul] fleet by tail number as well as anticipated delivery dates for new aircraft.
    A cabin crew friend of mine made me aware last week that not all aircraft had yet been refurbished!

esselle
    Participant

On the subject of lounges in the Nordics, the OSL lounge in Oslo has recently been extended, and I think they have done a very nice job creating a calm and relaxing space, with decent enough supply of vittles and a good choice of seating etc.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Esselle ,

Indeed a beautiful lounge in Europe ;I can vote for it as THE BEST i have visited in the Schengen zone anywhere .

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Lesmclaren,

This is a fantastic hint! many thanks ..If I don t manage to find it ,I will definitely write to you seeking your help .
    I would certainly expect( as your friend told you ) that not all aircraft have already been refurbished with the new cabins .
    Any hints about the SAS lounges in Copenhagen ?? I have not visited them yet ..eager to know about them .

lesmclaren
    Participant

Hi KSH. Not been to CPH for a while, however they were always well laid out and a good experience. Two floors, Gold upstairs [with a lift if needed] and regular one downstairs. I imagine they have done / will be refitting it to the same layout as OSL and ARN.
    Dedicated Fast Track takes you very close to the lounge entry, however CPH is a very long airport so it can be a long walk to gate or if in transit. [Tip, if in transit and short of time and you have Priority Pass, that lounge is in the middle of the airport].
    Also flew from LHR T2 recently, the new Star Lounge there is a great experience and a big improvement.
    BTW – well worth building loyalty with SAS, they give Gold for Life once qualified which I believe is 10 years of constant Gold, however this may have changed because SAS has recently introduced a higher tier, you would need to check with them.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Lesmclaren !

This is indeed great! thanks for your valuable info and tips! it seems i am falling in love with Scandinavia gradually !!!
    Well ,I will have to pass through CPH airport twice soon ;once in transit Schengen to Schengen and another time in transit Interconti to non Schengen ;so i will see both lounges ??
    Ohhhh..you are evoking the lovely memories I have of the new LHR T2 Star Alliance lounge .I was there last month for the first time and loved it ..Coincidentally ,I love T2 LHR too ;it s my favorite at LHR ,followed by T4 .That Star facility at T2 is civilized ,refreshing ,and well thought out .
    I am STAR Gold already with LH but thinking of switching my loyalty from LH Miles n More to another STAR Alliance still scheme but more generous ;I have identified quite a few …
    Last question : ( I presume you are Scandinavian or British ) ;if i have four hours layover at CPH airport btw flights ;is it enough for me to hop to central Copenhagen for a quick 2 hour visit and get back by train ??
    Are there any left luggage lockers at CPH airport ? I am carrying a small carry on attache case ..Thanks !Cheers !

lesmclaren
    Participant

KSH.
    From what I have heard about the LH scheme almost any other Star scheme is more rewarding! I joined the SAS one in 1995 when I started having work responsibility for Scandinavia as well as the UK and it has always been a good one for me.
    The lounges at CPH are all airside and in the main concourse. I should perhaps of said for the SAS lounges that they have a common entrance with the Gold lounge upstairs. At CPH if you arrive non S / Intercont then you have to go through passport control [only] and vice versa if you are flying out non S / Interconti.
    Personally I would say that you need more than 2 hours to get any real impression of Copenhagen, you could get downtown and back on the train [20 mins each way from memory] and the central station is right in the centre but quite a long way from the areas you really want to see such as the harbor etc. All you would see close to the station in such a short time would be the main shopping street and the Tivoli, unless you took a tour bus I guess.
    Not sure about lockers, probably worth checking the CPH web site.
    I liked LHR T2 very much as well, a much simpler layout within the Terminal Only downside i had was lack of signage for Car Hire collection, that was a nightmare to find. All it needed was proper signage in the lifts and clear signage on the ground floor but this was all lacking.
    I am British but have lived in Norway since 2000 [usual story, met a Norwegian woman and moved over here!!]
    Have a great trip!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks a million ,Lesmclaren !

Much appreciated !

Tramor01
    Participant

KSHaggag

You can also take the metro from CPH into the centre which I think is the better option – The trains which are driverless like the docklands light railway run every few minutes and take around 15 minutes or so into town

If you take the metro to Kongens Nytorv you are within very easy walking distance 5 minutes or so of Nyhavn a 17th century canalside area where there are a whole range of bars, restaurants and old sailing boats, and Stroget which is one of the longest pedestrianised shopping streets in Europe

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls