SAS Lost Luggage+Bad Customer Service

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

porusky
    Participant

Having flown on SK 910 on 17/01/12 with connection in Copenhagen to SK 613, my luggage went missing ( 2 hour lay over in CPH). Since 5 days now I’m in pursuit of a sensible reply from SAS and all I get is SORRY. Contacted SAS in USA – no response. Not sure if anyone else had same crappy experience with SAS, but think twice next time you want to fly and god forbid luggage goes missing – do not expect ANY PROACTIVE actions. If atleast i could find the phone number for SAS in Newark cause the only number they have online is the FAX number which appears on multiple opther sites as the phone number which is incorrect. Smart move on SAS side to avoid HAPPY AND SATISFIED Customers – not.

EBG_Ben_H
    Participant

Only once on SAS my baggage was missing on arrival. But that time I had several rebookings due to operational problems. On arrival at ARN the SAS staff was very helpful and promised to find and deliver my bag ASAP. It took another route across the north Atlantic, and was delivered to my home the next morning. Given the circumstances, I was completely happy with their service.

pinstripes&airmiles
    Participant

SAS lost my luggage a couple of times during the ban on all liquids in hand-luggage a few years back (always on a point-to-point CPH-LHR, never with a connection). I found their lost luggage delivery service quite a bit better than BA’s was at the time (the only other airline I’d had experience with). The SAS system kept me updated via SMS about when they found my bag and where my baggage was in the return process and even gave me a 1hr ETA window in which the courier would deliver my bag to my home address. I was actually impressed.

The only time I really felt let down was when my suit carrier got damaged en-route between LHR and CPH. The issue was they weren’t prepared to replace like-for-like (they damaged a designer one and offered to place it with a non designer one… lesson learned!), I ended-up trying to claim via my company’s travel insurance.

SimonS1
    Participant

Well at least they said sorry. Mine was lost by BMI going to Jeddah and it was basically ‘up yours, the next flight is in two days, come back then’.

porusky
    Participant

@ SimonS1 – if you got urs, atleast u got it – here NADA, no news, no NOTHING.

RichHI1
    Participant

Never had problme with SAS, every time I connected through Schiphol, KLM lost my bags so I gave up going through Schiphol. In fairness I always got bags back but inconveninece and stress I could dowithout. I think it was due to their new computer system at Schiphol which initially sucked.

Viking777
    Participant

I lost my golf bag once on SAS CPH-BKK. I had connection the following day to MNL with TG and SAS send my golf bag to my hotel in Manila and we arrived almost at the same time – great service from SAS.

Nomikos
    Participant

Well, SAS’s luggage processing service seems to be having some serious problems. My son has been left stranded at the Viking Terminal in Stockholm for 5 days, so far, without clothes and without his work equipment at -17 ,no it’s -21, degrees temperatures because of SAS’s incompetent handling of a bag only one hour away from Arlanda Airport.
    They took one and a half hours to answer their phone only to tell me that “it is Christmass and I am on my own here and your son’s bag is coming”. And when I told the guy that Jesus’ second coming is also coming and that I hoped my son’s bag would come sooner than that, he got upset. I wonder why? Any way, it is sad that SAS’s luggage handling seems to be going from bad to worse as this is the THIRD time in as just as many times that he has travelled via Rome tha his bag has been lost. THER’S DEFINITELY A PROBLEM WITH THEIR HANDLING ASSOCIATES BOTH IN ITALY AS WELL AS IN STOCKHOLM.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls