SAS B737-800 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I needed to get from MLA to GOT and this was the first of two connecting flights, to ARN.

As business class was not available, I selected premium economy and chose seat 2D, using my Miles and More account.

The check in was t the business class counter and a staff member was ensuring that only those people or card holders were using it, so it the waiting time was short – much appreciated.

The boarding was typical for Malta, with a short walk to the aircraft and on entering, I was greeted warmly by the crew, who would turn out to be at the top end of the scale.

2D had a little more pitch, so I imagine it is often sold as a business class seat. The row had three seats, but the middle one was empty, as was the row in front (which I believe was good fortune, rather than a feature of this class.)

There was no pre take-off drink (not that I expected one) and soon after take-off, the meal service commenced (BoB for economy and included for premium.) The meal was a very pleasant chicken salad, which was both tasty and also large enough to feel like a proper meal, rather than a snack. I washed it down with a glass of red wine, which was pleasantly mellow (although I didn’t ask what it was.)

The flight itself was about three and a half hours long and was a non-event, in the nicest sense. The crew were attentive all the way through, offering a top up drink, from time to time and were friendly and warm, which was much appreciated.

On arrival at Arlanda, I had quite a long walk to connect to a dommestic gate, but it felt good to get some exercise after a longish short haul flight and having cleared an efficient and pleasant security screening, was in plenty of time for my 40 minute hop to GOT on an old (but well maintained and immaculately clean) MD80.

All in all, very good value for money and a throwback to good flights in the 1980s on SAS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls