SAS B737-600 Economy Extra (Premium Economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

SK1846 MLA ARN 3h50

I needed to go to Gothenburg and had to buy a ticket at a relatively late stage, so ended up paying about 475€ for ‘SAS Plus’, which is allegedly premium eco, there being no business class available.

The check in and boarding were standard MLA, via coach and no hassle and we got on a runt of a 737 (8m shorter than the more common -800), which was absolutely packed to the hilt with miserable Swedes (and as they were going from 30c, wall to wall sun, to 14c in heavy rain showers, who could blame them.)

This premium economy is having a laugh at our expense. yes, there was more legroom in 1D than in some rows back, but the seats had fixed sides and felt narrow (worse than Ryanair), with the consequence that the three of us were almost touching shoulder to shoulder; in fact the four of us, as there was a baby, too – oh joy.

The higher fare (non refundable, by the way) gets you first dibs on the f&b which will be flogged to the rest of the punters later, so it was very comforting to know that the chicken salad had a retail price of 7€ and ham and cheese sandwich was 6€. One also received a bottle of very undistinguished wine, beer or soft drinks and top ups as required.

Well, what more is there to say? The aircraft did eventually get to Arlanda and we were all surgically separated from our seats, to stagger into the terminal and seek some exercise to get the blood flowing around the extremeties.

I’m on Norwegian this weekend/next week, GOT-ARN, ARN-HEL, HEL-LGW and am expecting pretty much the same experience, but for about 1/4 of the price.

SAS short haul, another living dead product that needs to lie down and expire gracefully.

FDoS

I expect you will enjoy your Norwegian flights much more 😉

Pierre
    Participant

Hi FormerlyDos,
    I totally agree with you,
    SAS downgraded its premium product on short haul.
    Unfortunately..
    At least flying an LC you know what you pay for.
    With SK, the prices remained pretty high and not related to the poir service now offered.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls