San Juan hotels

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Any advice much appreciated.

Only prerequisite – a balcony.

Ideally on the beach near the airport.

As it is only 3 nights, I am prepared to pay a bit extra.

Many thanks

MrMichael
    Participant

Hi Alexpo. A couple of years ago stayed at the Condado Hilton, great views on all floors, balcony included. It is about 15 mins from airport if that is any good to you. I liked the place, although be careful opening your balcony door on a windy day…. I think that is why I remember it!

Good evening MrMichael

Don’t tell me your wig blew off?

Funny, that’s the hotel I was looking at and also the famous Caribe Hilton just across the lagoon.

Thanks

MrMichael
    Participant

Not the wig, I keep that firmly attached, but I did have papers all over the place that took some time to put back in reasonable order. I had a sea view room, but perhaps on reflection the lagoon view room would have suited me better and saved half an hours work, however the view of the lagoon is mainly blocked by other buildings.

While thinking about it I vaguely recall having some great Cajun seafood at a restaurant nearby, but for the life of me cannot remember the name. It was a five minute stroll from the hotel back towards the airport on the main road, a low single story building with a sort of thatched roof terrace. It was not windy when I ate there by the way. If you like seafood and a little spice then you will enjoy the culinary options in San Juan.

In other words MrMichael you are telling me to pack a paperweight.

And I suppose this is not the place to share wig tips.

You are a seriously funny man. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

MrMichael
    Participant

Thanx Alexpo, you too. Have you decided where to stay?

I have MrMichael.

Caribe Hilton it will be. Pure instinct as both were very similar pricewise. I had read about these resort charges but 18% is imo excessive. Gee whiz.

Enjoy what’s left of w’end and thx.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls