Safety video – The best?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

ffidrac
    Participant

Which is the best safety video? My vote goes for the current Air New Zealand which is based on the rugby team concept using a mix of ANZ staff and All Blacks. It’s clear, extremely funny yet keeps your attention and does exactly what it is supposed to do. Second best is SAA cartoon version, which mixes humour with information. Of course some airlines can’t even compete as they are still stuck with attendants looking bored going through the routine, often at variance to the tannoy description given by the purser.
    You can catch the ANZ video on you tube but be aware that NZ are reediting it this week as there have been complaints from some groups about one section of it being homophobic. That is despite the individual FA featured in that scene, who is gay, being content with it. So catch the full unedited version on You Tube while you can

NTarrant
    Participant

Whilst I have not been on ANZ since last year, certainly then the video was the best, particularly the domestic one.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

ffidrac

I have just watched the ANZ latest safety video and it really was FUN, FUNNY, attention-grabbing except for the display of a typical macho stereo-type of rugby player’s (All Blacks Centre) homofobic attitude towards a gay FA which was NOT funny! The NZ gay community certainly has a point in asking ANZ for the removal of that degrading scene. Surely Richard Kahui was brief with the video take prior to the filming! Not sure if the gay FA will commit suicide out of a rejection from him!!!

May be ANZ should have got Ronaldo of Brazil to do this video as he is less resistant to seexual diversity, judging from the tabloid news that came out from Rio last year.

I certain agree to your comment on the standard safety video on most airlines are so utterly boring that it is always a struggle for me to force myself on each flight to watch this painful video demonstration just out of a sense of DUTY as a passenger.

robsmith100
    Participant

Who can ever forget the Cebu Pacific safety demo,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqh8e2KYIrU&feature=related

VintageKrug
    Participant

I like ANZ’s, but the Virgin Atlantic Safety videos are my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR4dxPISegY&feature=player_embedded

Do post a link to any other you like, if you can!

conair346
    Participant

It is reassuring to know that ANZ still inform those in cattle class how good it is up front, where we can keep our seats in whatever position we like.
    That really made me smile first time I flew BP to LAX. One of my better experiences long haul.

I find the Thomson Airways safety video really creepy, its given by kids! Just don’t like it at all. I saw it almost every day over the summer. Horrific.

moomin79
    Participant

It’s been a while since I flew with kulula.com in South Africa but their briefing was hilarious. “If you smoke in the toilet, we will extinguish you”

The following is not a briefing but speaks for itself!

http://www.gadling.com/2010/01/30/kulula-air-tries-not-to-take-itself-too-seriously/

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I recently flew Kulula, which I think is owned by BA? Never again. 7 kg hand baggage limit, which meant I had to remove my scarf, jacket and book from my hold all, put them on in sweltering heat, only to put them all back in the case after check-in. Ridiculous.

The announcements were quite amusing, the first time, but after three times of the same they are not as funny. As my companion said, you can tell who is new to Kulula if they laugh or not.

Then they make various references to passengers in Row “13” which no longer exists. I suppose it’s fun but I would rate them in the end the worst.

ConstantFlyer1
    Participant

There is a nice one made by kids from local schools at http://www.manxtube.com/video/2535/Manx2-safety-video

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

My vote goes to NZ and they change them relatively often so they don’t get stale.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

ConstantFlyer1 – I would be willing to make a bet that given the 3 types of video under discussion within this thread:

1. traditional bland safety demo

2. Air N Z routine

3. Manx Air version

…that the Manx Air version would even get the children’s attention, especially those in the front of the aircraft!

Certainly different, CERTAINLY attention grabbing and certainly better than the borring run of the mill versions currently seen.

The only negative critique is that one of the presentors needs to reshoot his lines, but overall, Manx, SUPERB.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls