Safety on AF operated flights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

starflyer
    Participant

As a confirmed *A aficionado I don’t get to travel much with other airlines but my travel department put me on an AF routing DUB-CDG-GVA this week. One thing I noticed which I have never seen before on any other airline is that the crew on both CDG-GVA and GVA-CDG flights disarm the emergency exits while the aircraft is still moving to the stand.

In my estimation this is slightly worrying. As the aircraft is still moving (albeit not very far) an accident can still happen such as accidental lurching forward, hitting ground equipment etc. Surely the doors should be armed until the final location has been reached. Should the plane have to be evacuated in such an incident there would be no slides available. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Discovery-Bay
    Participant

My understanding is that the doors can be set to manual as the aircraft is approaching the stand – ie still moving.
    In the event of a subsequent event that neccessited an evacuation the flight attendants would be responsible for manual door opening and deployment of the escape slides.

NTarrant
    Participant

I was under the impression that the disarming of the doors or “doors to manual” was to do with the cabin air pressure and being able to open the doors at the stand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls