Safest airline and aircraft?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• Inquisitive
    Participant

Everyone has his own biases and prejudices. This is a public forum and readers express their views. There is no need to unnecessarily abusing others.
    However it looks like there is someone thinks he is the guardian of this forum and obliged to comment on almost every item plus tries to impose his view with mocking tone.
    And the small club who are very regular poster do not (in my view) highlight that.

Henryp1
    Participant

[quote quote=864592]Everyone has his own biases and prejudices. This is a public forum and readers express their views. There is no need to unnecessarily abusing others.
    However it looks like there is someone thinks he is the guardian of this forum and obliged to comment on almost every item plus tries to impose his view with mocking tone.
    And the small club who are very regular poster do not (in my view) highlight that.[/quote]

+1

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=864567]What a load of c**p![/quote]

No Phil, you need to stop being arrogant and making comments like “What a load of c**p!”. You were paid to understand aircraft and systems, the people on this thread, whose comments you described as “What a load of c**p!” are not and having seen the media reports, which included Heathrow airport being closed due to a 787 on fire, cannot be blamed for questioning the early record of this aircraft and drawing conclusions.

Your comments about the teething problems of other aircraft are true, but surely you can understand why they would be concerned having seen footage of a new type on fire?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=864592]Everyone has his own biases and prejudices. This is a public forum and readers express their views. There is no need to unnecessarily abusing others.
    And the small club who are very regular poster do not (in my view) highlight that.[/quote]

That is certainly a biased view – I do not consider myself the guardian of this place and my post count is relatively low.

You are just being snarky.

philsquares
    Participant

For someone who does not consider themselves guardian of this forum, you certainly do come across as acting like one. On one hand you take offense at me for criticizing members and on the other hand you criticize me for using a very a 4 letter word which really means nothing. And you take offense at that. As I said previously, you have very thin skin. You can certainly pass judgement on other people but you do not like it if someone goes against you.

You are right, I was paid for my professional opinion. And my point was just that. The press reports of the 787 or any other aircraft are, for the most part, sensationalism nothing more, nothing less. For every aircraft type which is flying today, I can give you page after page of issues. Does that make that particular aircraft unsafe? No. If you had to maintain your car to the same level commercial aircraft are maintained, you couldn’t do it.

What you fail to realize is every crew which goes into the cockpit, your snide comments aside, they are making a judgement call based on their professional opinion. If I had any doubts at all as to the airworthiness of any aircraft, I would be the first one off.

You really need to pick the swords you fall on.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

What you fail to realize is every crew which goes into the cockpit, your snide comments aside, they are making a judgement call based on their professional opinion. If I had any doubts at all as to the airworthiness of any aircraft, I would be the first one off.

As with your pedantry about arrival times on another thread, you are missing the point here.

Of course you are qualified to take a view on operating an aircraft, that is not in doubt, but the people who expressed their view on this thread do not have your insights.

The press reports of the 787 or any other aircraft are, for the most part, sensationalism nothing more, nothing less

You mean like the incident in this picture?

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2013/07/14/business/14plane-span/14plane-span-jumbo.jpg

Remember, this is a forum with strong British connections – this fire (which ruptured the aircraft hull) was on primetime TV and Heathrow closed for 90 minutes whilst the fire services dealt with it – that was a very serious incident and horrified a lot of people at the time.

So don’t knock people for being concerned by the aircraft rep.

For balance, I like the 787 (my favourite aircraft to travel on) and I have taken many flights on them over the past five years, in fact, I’ll be on one in 8 days. I also listen to professional pilots talk about Boeing and I hear nothing but good comments. From my own experience of operating a simulator with separate levers for the leading edge and trailing edge flaps, Boeing’s integration of these into a single lever was a very smart move – poka yoke, if you like.

openfly
    Participant

Harping back to the days of VintageKrug!!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls