SAA says it will relaunch flights next month

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Breaking news. At the time of writing local media had yet to report this development.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Bwgs
    Participant

What an absolute travesty for South African taxpayers.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

This afternoon SAA announced its initial destinations.

Check the link for schedule details.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It will be a very different airline, slimmed down both in terms of fleet size, destinations and staff.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/the-cheapest-flights-from-joburg-to-cape-town-on-saa-2021-8

GivingupBA
    Participant

Does anyone else find it odd that the code for Johannesburg is given as “JHB” on the SAA twitter map shown above – whereas Johannesburg’s airport code is JNB? Or am I missing something here?

(Maybe it’s common to refer to Johannesburg as “JHE”?, I don’t know, I haven’t been to South Africa)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=1108255]Does anyone else find it odd that the code for Johannesburg is given as “JHB” on the SAA twitter map shown above – whereas Johannesburg’s airport code is JNB? Or am I missing something here?[/quote]

Most laypeople in South Africa shorten Johannesburg to “JHB” so that would be more familiar to them than “JNB” which would be known by most frequent travelers using OR Tambo airport. On most of the SA airline websites typing “JHB” or “JNB” will populate the box with “Johannesburg (OR Tambo).

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls