Ryanair’s generosity!

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

In the papers today Ryanair want us all to play golf in Ireland. They advertise that ”Golf clubs can fly free to Ireland, from any one of 13 UK airports”.

In the small print it states that ”offer only available from Stansted” AND you have to pay 80 Euros to bring your clubs home!!!

transtraxman
    Participant

“Offer only valid for golf bags pre-booked online at Ryanair.com”
    Well, quite frankly, I would not like to have to take my caddie´s wife with me for any discount only on the outward journey!!

Charles-P
    Participant

How on earth can Ryaniar get away with saying,

” ……. from any one of 13 UK airports”

and then in the small print stating that,

”offer only available from Stansted” ?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

simply becasue RyanAir lives by the ethos, any publicity is good publicity!

Seems to be working with the this “peculiar” offer!!

craigwatson
    Participant

read it again, the £80 is what you are charged at time of booking and what is refunded to you, you dont have to pay to bring clubs home. (basically they are just stressing what you would save), and on ryanairs website there is no restriction on what airport, offer is valid from all airports.

i do think people just love to jump on ryanair, they are good for what you get, if thats what you want.

craigwatson
    Participant

there is a second seperate golf offer to the algarve which i cant read the T&C’s on, so the stanstead only clause might apply to this offer.

craigwatson
    Participant

just did a dummy booking, £42 per person from leeds to dublin all in including all “extras and charges” with the free golf bags. not bad i would say

openfly
    Participant

@Craigwatson That was very brave of you to do a dummy booking. Did they charge you for it?!! :-))

craigwatson
    Participant

ya Mr JJHGIK is going to be very upset when he sees his statement!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls