Ryanair .. what a great way to fly

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

It’s interesting that Ryanair said in a statement,

“Two of our aircraft were taxiing slowly to the runway at Dublin Airport this morning The winglet of one aircraft appears to have scraped the tail of the other.”

Eye witnesses including people on the aircraft talk of the “high speed taxi”. Is this another example of Ryanair cutting costs by making the pilots rush to the take off slot ?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m no lover of Ryanair, but i think speculation in the aviation game is very dangerous.

A high speed taxi to the runway is not at all unusual, if it was high speed, since passengers rarely judge that accurately.

Scrapes with other aircraft (or even buildings – recall BA at JNB) are not at all unusual and happen to the best of airlines.

I know where you’re coming from Charles but i honestly don’t believe it’s down to cost cutting. I really don’t think they would compromise safety or risk incidents such as these. It will be interesting to read the accident investigation report.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Has anyone heard anymore about the fallout from the incident behind the OP? Surely, keeping people onboard for hours against their will amounts to illegal detention – not a civil matter but a criminal one.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls