Ryanair website to close for "essential reservation system upgrade" this week

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Note that the carrier’s website and app will be unavailable between 1700 on Wednesday November 7, and 0500 on Thursday November 8.

Ryanair “strongly recommends that customers travelling on Wednesday 07th November and Thursday 08th November ensure that they have checked in online and printed their boarding passes by Tuesday 06th November 2018”.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/travel-updates/articles/reservations-system-upgrade

canucklad
    Participant

This has disaster written all over it ……..

If you’re a regular FR user, you know the limitations /barriers they impose on you, unless you’re willing to part with even more cash.

I wonder if they’ll wave the early check-in fee for this week only, allowing people to check-in and print off their boarding passes .

If I was flying on the 8th, I’d definitely fall foul, because the first I’d know about this, would be about 12 hours before the flight is ready to depart when I check-in trying to play them at their own seat allocation game !

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

The website has been an absolute nightmare over the last few weeks and had customers who have had to pay at check in because website wouldn’t work. Surprisingly very little exposure over the mess – I’d hazard a guess even worse than the BA mess at the moment. but then it is only Ryanair and people don’t seem to get so passionate about them as a carrier.

so yes – website needs fixing. will they charge customers to check in at the airport. apparently they haven’t responded to the BBC when asked. I think they will be a bit naughty and try to charge people at the airports who are unaware of this upgrade.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

As a layman, I would have thought it was an implied term of contract that if Ryanair expect their pax to check in online, they must provide the facility to enable this.

Therefore, if any pax are unable to check in online due to the outage, Ryanair should provide alternative facilities (e.g. desk check in). There are many scenarios why paxx may not be able to check in early.

Any lawyers out there with an informed view?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls