Ryanair Plans Long Haul Flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

The comments from Ryanair were made by Niall O’Connor who is the deputy director of route development and head of scheduling.

The same question was out to the CEO of Corsair, Pascal de Izaguirre, who replied, “The principle for low-cost for long-haul carriers is nonsense.”

Papillion53
    Participant

CXD@14:26 – your first sentence – really???? I thought this attitude had died a long time ago. 🙁

skywards
    Participant

How horrible could this be for business class travel? Been made to pay for things we take for granted that we expect for free with a premium cabin ticket?…I’m not posh by no means…but honestly I wouldn’t want to be in a cabin with a bunch of lads who could afford to fly Basic Business…who have no Victorian/Edwardian values…videoing each other as they are playing drunken childish games with their recliner seats…only to post on Facebook or Youtube. Have I been a bit harsh on Ryanair or do I have a truthful vision of low cost Basic Business by Ryanair?.

Tim2soza
    Participant

Daytripper @ 14:33 – I agree with you 100%, which is why I read in horror Talking train window adverts tested by Sky Deutschland.

JohnnyFox
    Participant

Mr McW isn’t really comparing like-with-iike on BA and PeopleExpress fares – in ‘those’ days airlines included passenger handling fees and obligatory airport charges in their headline fare, PeopleEx’s 149 was subject only to a £10 departure tax, not the wodge of stuff BA passes off as ‘tax’ when it isn’t actual Treasury revenue.

This is, of course, another FR stunt, and even our debate is part of MOL’s master plan as he strokes his white cat in his Dublin office. But his unique selling feature could be the US custom/immigration clearance at DUB if he feeds European passengers in there and either operates or charters US-DUB-US services to carry them across the pond. Plenty of American operators with all-Y longhaul metal on their hands …

canucklad
    Participant

After some thought, I actually believe Frightenscare could make a go of this…
    As long as they apply and stick to the following LCC principles

Lets Q & A the challenge O’Blarney has….

Q1) Do I need new aircraft?
    A1) Select a cost efficient high density aircraft and sardine in the seats… The Airbus 350 or better still, stick to one manufacturer so the stretch 787 fits the bill

Q2) Hub’s or point to point?
    A2) Recommend using 5 Hubs …Each Hub has its own target market, serving both the local populace and topped up by existing point to point aircraft loads….then schedule enough time to collect luggage and then re-check in…

Q3) Deployment of aircraft?
    A3) 2 aircraft per destination, to ensure a daily service and more importantly, minimise crew downtime at the outstation.

Q4) So what Hubs and routes?
    A5) Stick to 2 “ISH” airports ……cheap fees negotiated on assurance of new markets

The French market is served out of Paris Beauvais to Plattsburgh International ( Montrealish)
    The British market is served out of PIK ….This would be subject to the Scottish government doing the same as the NI executive and taking control of the APD and abolishing it…then …PIK to Buffalo or Hamilton ( Torontoish or New Yorkish)
    The Irish market…..Easy peasy…DUB via SHA to Bradley International (Bostonish)
    The German market……Hahn to the old BNK airport

And the obvious choice would be to set up a Sanford hub….. and back route to Europe , with EI registered and eastern European crews.

Q5) Keeping layover costs down ?
    A5) Cheap motels and 2 sharing, just the ticket or get each member of crew to join up for loyalty schemes and reduce accommodation costs that way…..And the Golden Arches are reputable.

Q6) How do you keep passengers occupied for 8 hours
    A6) Kerrching, a captive audience …..£15 for tablet rental sorts out the IFE, and they will need to eat and drink, twice…..Kerrching again !! and not even mentioned duty Free !

Q7) Long haul means luggage in the hold?
    A7) Kerrching, kerrching, Kerching….

Q8) Do I get a consulting fee…..
    A8) Ehhh No…

Bullfrog
    Participant

Ryanair already provide a long haul experience.

2 hours on a Ryanair flight, together with their pre boarding cattle roundup, and one disembarks feeling like one has crossed the Atlantic.

Five years ago, I said .. ‘Never again’.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls