Ryanair departs with disruptive passengers

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

• Bunnahabhain
    Participant

PIK isn’t called Pure Dead Brilliant for nothing.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

@ AnthonyDunn – 08/08/2013 14:10 GMT

The cabin crew did try but was threatened with physical violence, by more than one of the crowd.

Captain also came on tannoy to announce they would land in France if they didn’t stop carrying on, this also had no effect and I should imagine that the captain would’ve been somewhat nervous about the cost implications and then having to explain to Ryanair chiefs about his change of route.

I was also told today by Carlo’s dad that the outbound Glasgow plane (EZY) was delayed coming landing in Ibiza as it too was delayed leaving Glasgow to offload rowdy passengers. There wasn’t any talk of whether this plane continued with trouble-makers in the same way that the outbound Ryanair flight did.

Xuluman
    Participant

It’s a hard choice to offload disruptive passengers. Invariably what happens is you go out for a chat with them, and suddenly they become very amiable. Push back and they start up again.

I recently had someone who after calming down and promising to behave himself, spent the whole flight walking through the cabin loudly petitioning the other passengers to support his cause.

I had a lady onboard a flight who demanded that 2 innocent passengers were offloaded because they were apparently behaving suspiciously. (Talking Arabic).
    Whilst relocating her to a different part of the cabin to ease her concerns, the others passengers asked the lady what the problem was. She replied and pointed…. “Because those 2 are terrorists!!!”. Then everyone wanted to get off.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ AllOverTheGaff – 12/08/2013 20:20 GMT

What a nightmare! What came out of this evening’s C4 “Dispatches” was the relentless drive to adhere to the timetable and achieve the 25-minute turnarounds. Consequently, any diversion to France would comprehensively have thrown that out as the French police would have insisted on witness statements from the crew and other passengers etc.

This starts to read as the business model trumps everything – including the UK’s air navigation order – and the Irish Aviation Authority appear to be in a position of regulatory capture owing to the predominant size of Flyanscare and the bludgeoning personality of O’Blarney.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“the Irish Aviation Authority appear to be in a position of regulatory capture owing to the predominant size of Flyanscare and the bludgeoning personality of O’Blarney.”

Perhaps they should come and take lessons from the British bank regulators?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

FDOS

Not “should”, more likely “have”….!

Bucksnet
    Participant

Ryanair cabin crew member punched: –

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/merseyside-woman-arrested-punching-air-5711168

At least the puncher and other unruly passengers were removed from this flight even though it was delayed. I did not realise it was illegal to take photos of the cabin crew though?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Bucksnet – 13/08/2013 07:49 GMT

I don’t believe that it is unlawful to take photos of cabin crew – other than that the use of a flash may be distracting.

Beyond that, anyone detected a pattern here? All of the rowdy flights appear to be heading towards the Balearics. This reminds me of sitting holed up in a yacht in Mahon owing to Autumnal storms and watching a floating hotel come alongside to disgorge its human cargo of football shirt wearing Brits (it was Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United that week). The tattoos and beer guts were something to behold – and that was just the women pushing the prams…

canucklad
    Participant

The tattoos and beer guts were something to behold – and that was just the women pushing the prams…

Absolutley Brilliantly hilarious ……

Because it’s so true…..

TskTsk AD….You forgot to mention the obligatory fag dangling from the corner of the mouth though !

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ canucklad – 14/08/2013 12:01 GMT

I forgot to add that the other thing we were genuinely in awe of was the ability to shovel food in at the same time as balance a fag in the corner of their mouths… The level of co-ordination and years of practice required…

Just what the locals must make of us probably doesn’t bare thinking about!

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls