Ryanair closes Glasgow base

Back to Forum

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  FDOS_UK 5 Mar 2018
at 11:08

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

My cheapest ever air fare was MAN-LHR with BEA on a Super 1-11 in 1970. It was a youth stand-by ticket which cost £2.50.

Morning Alex, may I take the liberty of correcting you? In 1970 you would have paid £2 10s! Ah for those days again ?

When an Airfix Sunderland flying boat model could be had for 19s/11 1/2d 🙂 (until July 1969, so nearly).

GivingupBA
    Participant

My cheapest ever air fare was MAN-LHR with BEA on a Super 1-11 in 1970. It was a youth stand-by ticket which cost £2.50.

Of course £2.50 in 1970 is £38 today according to my inflation calculator, still, not bad… I hated standby, though.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Of course £2.50 in 1970 is £38 today according to my inflation calculator, still, not bad… I hated standby, though.

Just out of interest and depending how you with to assess it, the current value of £2s10 could range from 31.62 to £86.72.

https://www.measuringworth.com/ukcompare/relativevalue.php

Worth a quick look if you have 2 mins spare time.

GivingupBA
    Participant

Thanks for the link, FDOS_UK, that’s interesting and useful. And I had no idea that such a wide range of calculations was possible.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

You’re welcome – I did a ‘A’ Level in Economics, for my sins and had to look at this type of stuff 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls