Ryanair being sued for Emergency Descent

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

A Ryanair plane had to make an emergency descent and the airline is now being sued.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-26756468

No criticism of FR here, I’m just incredulous the courts would even accept such a case. I hope MOL sticks this one out and the complainants lose and maybe they will then have to compensate FR!

mkcol74
    Participant

I love how the passenger refers to it as an accident. Hmmmm.

Wonder if they’d rather the captain didn’t follow procedure, they all suffered hypoxia then crashed & died. Fools!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Yes, and if she goes for a walk and trips over, will she never go out again?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

The Brazilian national said the effects of the ordeal were “devastating” and she now finds it difficult to fly.

“It’s been two years now since the accident and it just changed my life completely,” Mrs Bertin said.

If she sues when the pilot correctly follows procedures, I am wondering just what Mrs Bertin would say and do about an incident that genuinely was life-threatening. This reads like ambulance chasing – but without the ambulance!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls