Royal Jordanian – horrific customer serviceCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Royal Jordanian – horrific customer service

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  arni1971 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

arni1971
    Participant

Last July I took a flight from Athens via Amman to Bangkok, Business Class. I landed in Amman around 17:30 and the connecting flight to Bangkok was scheduled to depart around 02:00, so rather a long transfer time which I was prepared for. Around 01:00am, I noticed that the monitors in the lounge indicated that the flight has been rescheduled to 05:00 am. When I checked with the personnel at the business lounge I was told that they are waiting for passengers from Madrid and that they were aware of this delay already from 18:00, i.e. 7 hours before! They couldn’t explain why the monitors didn’t indicate this delay earlier. Obviously it was too late for me to catch a different flight, as a result of which I have missed an event in Bangkok. I was offered to go to a hotel for 2 hours as the flight was rescheduled for around 05:00. When I returned to the airport after 2 hours, I was told that the flight was further delayed to 07:00 but they didn’t find it necessary to inform the hotel or even send me a text message.
    Whilst I understand that delays are an inevitable part of travelling, I strongly condemn RJ’s customer service. They simply ignored my situation and keep on doing so since the incident. Not a SINGLE response to my letters to their customer service department, which I doubt if they have one!

StephenLondon
    Participant

Gosh, you do seem to have a lot of challenges when you travel, be it on TK or RJ!

Your only option would have been to connect onwards with EK, which has a similarly timed departure, but a much later arrival into BKK, so you probably would have missed your event regardless. It is strange that RJ would hold a flight for such long period of time due to connecting passengers, unless there was a very large group. Have you asked RJ for some form of compensation? I’d consider changing the title of your thread from ‘horrific’ customer service to ‘no’ customer service…

arni1971
    Participant

Yes, you are right. Should have been NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!
    I’ve been trying to email these guys since the beginning of July. Not a SINGLE response whatsoever. Unbelievable!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.