Royal Brunei Airlines A319 Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Corporate-gal
    Participant

CHECK-IN
    I arrived at Bangkok airport on a KLM flight from Birmingham via Amsterdam. I had checked in online 24 hours before so already had my boarding pass ready for my transfer at BKK. However, if ever needed, the transfer desk is Y50 West concourse, at the crossroads of D, E, F and G gates. I showed my boarding pass to the agent on the security check and they let me through. Once through security you go up the escalators and onto the 3rd floor.
    THE LOUNGE
    Business class passengers have access to the Air France / KLM lounge which is on the 3rd floor of the West F concourse.
    As with most lounges in Bangkok airport, it was spacious, airy and very comfortable. Split into two parts, one with the main buffet and drinks bars, TV screens and newspapers and a variety of seating, the other a smaller, quieter area with a smaller buffet and drinks bar. As I was feeling rather jetlagged after the long flight and had a 4hr layover to contend with, I headed for the quieter area.
    There are no spa facilities but there are showers in each of mens and ladies toilets. The buffet was satisfying with lots of little nibbles, canapés and sandwiches, with soup also on offer. Fresh fruit and little desserts as well as the usual crisps and nuts were also on offer.
    BOARDING
    Although flights aren’t called in the lounge, the staff do walk around and notify you when your flight is boarding. I didn’t wait for that, though, as the flight was boarding from gate G2, and I could see when they had pulled the aircraft of it’s stand and up to the gate from where I was sitting. There was no Business Class queue and it was a bit chaotic at the gate, but they did call Business Class passengers first and it didn’t take long to board the A319.
    Once onboard a flight attendant said hello and waved me to my seat – 6K, which was in the front row on the right hand side of the aircraft.
    THE SEAT
    The A319 aircraft has eight (8) business class seats and a 2-2 configuration and are the big comfy cradle type business class seats, with a decent recline and an effective foot rest.
    There are IFE screens in the arm rests of the seats but Royal Brunei no longer uses these in Business Class, instead each passenger is handed an iPad Mini pre-loaded with films, TV shows, games and music., enough to keep you going for the 2.5hrs flight.
    WHICH SEAT TO CHOOSE?
    In this cabin, all are good, comfortable seats with plenty of room.
    THE FLIGHT
    The flight left on time and I was quickly offered the usual initial drinks service and snacks – I chose a Chinese Oolong tea and some of RBA’s wonderful roasted cashew nuts. Once this had been consumed a full meal service followed, with a beef, aubergine and horseradish sauce starter, followed by a choice of Malay main dishes of which I settled on the Braised Malay Beef Curry with sticky rice. Dessert was a panacotta followed by another Chinese Oolong tea.
    As always arriving into Brunei we had an uninterrupted descent and were at the gate about 20 minutes early. As I had hand luggage I was out of the airport within 10 minutes of landing.
    VERDICT
    The seat is very comfortable, and the business class cabin is extremely spacious for a small aircraft. Royal Brunei’s aspirations are to be a ‘boutique airline’ and having recently experienced their new 787 Dreamliners, it is starting to show across all their routes. Food and drink was excellent on this flight, and the service was friendly and professional.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls