Room service cold

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

RebeccaBallatine
    Participant

I am lucky to stay in top end hotels whilst on business and while I thoroughly enjoy the whole experience I am always disappointed in the room service food. I understand it has to get from the kitchen to the room but there must be a way of keeping it piping hot. I’ve had takeaways at home that are hotter… anyone had a positive experience? Or know why this is always the case?

No but i find the best thing to do is order when the rush hour has gone and I only ever order one dish – no starter or side dishes.

terrymcmanus
    Participant

I stayed in a Hotel in Glasgow once (many years ago admittedly) and when I complained in the evening that the dishes were cold and couldnt they have put them into the micro wave I was informed…solemly…. That would have cost another penny each…Sir.

At least they were polite.

SudhindraJalihal
    Participant

I ordered a 3-course meal in a 5-star Taj Hotel in Chennai, India (Prego) but due to my jetlag, was not in a position to complete my main course. When I asked for the remaining food on the plate to be packed, I was politely told that they do not do ‘doggy bags’. I had paid 30 USD for the main course and it’s a shame to waste the food, especially when millions are startving in the country. Can a restaurant deny packing the remains of your food for which you have paid???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls