RJ, any comments?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

have to take a quick dash to HKG justy before xmas, and I see RJ at 1300 including tax for business! compared to the legacy carriers all at approx 2300+ and the middle east lines at 1900+ I am giving QR my usual the elbow and going to give RJ a look.

Not much in the way of reviews here, anyone have any experiance on thier long hauls in business?

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Which sourse did you get this RJ fare from as I have a couple of elderly British friends wanting to visit HK around the Christmas period?

Jordanians in the hospitality trade are not very service-oriented and it would be interesting to see if the FA are any better!

stevescoots
    Participant

from RJ site themselves, my dates of 5-15 are now sold out, you might get some other dates if you juggle around!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Thanks. These elderly couple are parents to one of my British friends in HK and they are completely flexible in their travel plan!

stevescoots
    Participant

I just did 3-13 return and its £1337 busines flex return lhr-hkg inc taxes

get it while u can!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Thanks for the fare info and I shall forward this to my friend.

SimaHir
    Participant

Used their busiess class CMB to LHR (£850 for 240 tier points). After push back the captain realised there was a fault so had a 20 hr delay whilst they waited for a replacement part was flown in. Put me up in the airport hotel whilst economy were bussed to some 2 star motel. In AMM I was moved twice to make place for a Princess and then her body guards. Apart from that, service was professional, food good though IFE nothing to write home about.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

My friend’s parents might enjoy an unexpected side-trip to Petra if were forced to give up their seats to the royal entourage!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve flown RJ business a few times and found the crew very friendly and helpful. The food is fine as is the seat. I can’t comment on the IFE as I never use it.

They’re perhaps not up to the standards of the legacy carriers in terms of sophistication, but I don’t really need that and taking into account the big fare savings, that more than compensates.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Good to hear the feedback from a regular user. Most helpful!

StephenLondon
    Participant

Note the flight to HKG routes via BKK, so it is a longer journey. RJ also use their leased A330s (like everyone else, RJ are awaiting their 787s to be delivered). The A330s have sloped flat beds in business class and a 62-inch seat pitch. Their A340s have lie-flat beds and a 78-inch seat pitch. Just so you know. The return to LHR has a five-hour stopover at AMM – which can make the return trip very lengthy indeed.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Thanks for the report Steven. I have plenty of practical info to relay to my friend!!!

stevescoots
    Participant

Its long…but very cheap!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

There is no more truth than you get what you pay for!!!

But my freind’s parents have bags of time to spare and they might actually enjoy the stretched travel experience!

I personally only like non-stop flights.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls