Riverside Park Hotel, Enniscorthy, Ireland

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

The Riverside Park hotel is situated in a picturesque location on the banks of the River Slaney in Enniscorthy. We have had several very pleasant stays here and enjoyed numerous meals.

This was a totally unplanned stay, with the reservation being made over the phone on the day. When we arrived, we were delighted to find that we had been upgraded to a room in the newly built extension. Our room was one of those on the couples only floor.

The hotel website promises: All rooms are adult only and individually designed to the highest of standard, opulence at its best. All our Couples Deluxe rooms are located on their own private adult-only floor to ensure a haven of tranquillity, away from the hustle and bustle of it all. The Couples Deluxe rooms at the Riverside Park Hotel consist of a spacious open plan, comfortable, stylish bedroom with snuggle couch. For added luxury the bathroom is located off your bedroom with glass shower panel, double shower, couples Jacuzzi bath and separate toilet. All of the Couples rooms have views of Enniscorthy Castle.

Access to this floor is by a room key, and our room was simply amazing! The decor is a mixture of blue, lavender and is very attractive. Furniture was very modern, and the bathroom was stunning. Add the mood lighting in the ceiling and the base of the bed, the complimentary water (in a mini fridge), Nespresso machine enhanced toiletries, a small balcony and a large comfy sofa this room was magnificent.

The Prom Bar is very pleasant and serves a wide range of food.

We had loaded potato skins to start, and steaks as mains. Mine was cooked exactly as requested (medium), however my wife’s was also medium instead of well done. This was rectified very quickly, and both meals were very good indeed.

Later in the evening, musician played for a couple of hours which made the evening very pleasant indeed.

The bed was supremely comfortable and easily one of the best we have encountered in a hotel in recent times.

Breakfast is served in the Moorings restaurant, and was the usual high standard.

On checking out we were offered bottles of water for the journey home: this is a particularly nice touch, and as an added touch specially branded bottles are used for this purpose.

This was a very pleasant stay, made all the more enjoyable with the unexpected upgrade. The couples only floor is a great idea, and these rooms are very nicely presented and thoughtful details are in abundance. The Prom bar is a lovely spot to have a meal and a relaxing drink.

PatJordan
    Participant

Last week, we revisited the Riverside Park Hotel. We had arranged a lunch to mark my uncle’s 80th and my Mother’s 92nd birthdays.

We were delighted to learn that we had been given the use of a private room to have our celebration. The Linden Suite is located on the first floor close to the lifts, and we had the opportunity to add some decorations before the meal.

A nice touch was personalised menus, which we were able to save as souvenirs.

There was a choice of three starters:

chef’s homemade cream of leek & potato soup
    deep fried prawns in tempura batter with sweet chilli sauce
    Classic Caesar Salad with smoked bacon lardons, Herb Croutons and Shaved Parmesan

Three Mains:

Prime Roast Sirloin of Beef with red wine & Thyme gravy and Yorkshire Pudding
    Baked Fillet of Salmon dusted with Smoked Paprika, Dill & Saffron Sauce
    Fillet of Chicken filled with Smoked Bacon Stuffing, wrapped in Filo Pastry with Shallot & Tarragon Sauce

Three Desserts:

Wild Blackberry & Apple Crumble with Anglaise Sauce
    Iced Lemon Curd Parfait with a rich Caramel Sauce
    Warm Raspberry & Chocolate Brownie with Chocolate Sauce and Ice Cream

Tea & Coffee to follow.

There was a wide range of breads on each table, with jugs of fruit squash for the small children. This was a particularly nice touch as it avoided little people asking for fizzy drinks (and the subsequent sugar overload!!).

There was a nice medley of vegetables with the main course, and the service was impeccable.

The food was of excellent quality and generous portions.The cost of this meal for 13 adults and 8 children was an amazing 390euros! Superb value for such quality.

Jim Maher, General Manager takes a keen interest in all guests and ensures that the guest experience is flawless.

What was intended to be a nice family lunch became a very memorable occasion with countless pleasant memories.

If visiting South East Ireland, the Riverside Park Hotel Enniscorthy is well worth a visit.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Thanks Pat, will definitely consider this hotel if I get to Visit the Sunny Southeast in the future. The couples only sector seems to be a great idea.

Myself and MrsExPat recently spent 2 nights down in the West (Connemara). I looked at some of the more upmarket hotels (Renvyle House Hotel and also Cashel House where I have stayed before). However as this was peak season I found the pricing (€220 for B&B) and combination deals (which are often on offer such as 2 nights B&B plus dinner etc) were not available in most places.

So instead, we decided to sample some properties (in towns rather than out in the countryside) for around the €100 B&B per couple mark and were delighted with what we found, and all relatively last minute.

Maol Reidh in Tullycross and Eldons in Roundstone.

http://www.maolreidhhotel.com/photos/

Delightful local restaurants in both places with local pubs nearby with live music. Fresh Oysters at €2.50 each… Half Lobster at €32 plus excellent service.

Glad to see the local tourist industry delivering great product at aggressive prices (9% Vat ?)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls