Ritz-Carlton Rewards program – is it any good?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

alisha.h
    Participant

I’ve heard mixed reports of the new loyalty program. Is it worth signing up to?

Hi scheherazde – here’s the details of the programme which may help you decide:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ritz-carlton-rewards-the-lowdown

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am a hard-earned platinum with Marriott.

I really cannot see the benefits of switching to the R-C rewards scheme, especially as their R-C offering within Europe is poor.

There are still some very generous redemption rates for Marriott points in R-C hotels, especially if you can get one of their PointsSavers special offers and have enough points for a multiple night stay, where you get a free fifth night thrown in for free:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/ritzCarltonPointSavers.mi

80,000 MR points is all you need for a five night stay at R-C in Doha or Sharm El-Sheikh for instance, both of which are most satisfactory.

Potakas
    Participant

I am just a silver with Marriott but i was considering changing it to R-C rewards.

As i read on their T&Cs i understood that you will earn points when you stay either on Marriott or on a Ritz-Carlton (The Ritz excludes), although i think that you are earning airmiles only when you are staying at a Ritz-Carlton.

Does anyone knows more about that?

Regards

Potakas
    Participant

I also sent an email to R-C rewards asking for this issue.

The response i got was :

”Thank you for contacting Ritz-Carlton Rewards.

With the Ritz-Carlton Rewards program, you can earn credit for your eligible stays in both Ritz-Carlton and Marriott properties. To ensure the hotels post credit to your account automatically, it is recommended that you provide your account number when booking your reservations and also when checking into the hotels. You can view the complete qualifications for earning stay credit at the following link:

http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi ”.

So far i understood that the members have exact the same benefits in both programs and there is actually no difference.

In my point of view i would prefer a Ritz-Carlton membership as i consider it more prestigious than a Marriott card.

I switched my account to R-C rewards and i also enrolled for the triple Marriott rewards offer from the BA’s executive club.

Also new members on R-C rewards can receive a complimentary night at a tier 1-3 hotel.

Offer requires that enrollee is a new member to The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and not a current member of the Marriott Rewards. One complimentary night certificate will be awarded for each completion of two paid stays by December 31, 2010, up to a maximum of two certificates. Certificates expire one year from date of issuance and other restrictions apply. Stays may not be concurrent or consecutive.

Regards

Potakas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls