Rights Advice Needed BA/Qatar Avios Rewards Biz ticket CXLD

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Bren
    Participant

Gday wise rule warriors. Distressed as getting nowhere and need guidance. A while ago I booked and confirmed a Biz class ticket through BA as a silver card holder and having saved the avios, CBR-MEL-DOH-LHR. As their is a spat in Auz at moment I was notified that the CBR-MEL sector cxld and my journey would
    Now commence in MEL in biz and went as far as assuring me my seat selection. I received this re confirmation through emails from both BA and Qatar. BA originally issued the ticket and my app and booking all showed confirmed again. Then all
    Of a sudden 2 weeks later the booking vanished. I called Qatar and they rightly informed me BA ticketed this so contact them…I have called the silver card holder number several times and the agents are lost as to why I have been offloaded in the first place but explained the difficulty in coordinating with their partners on this issue. The best alternatives offered with apologies was accept economy MEL-DOH or a full refund and rebook yourself…that was the exact end result. The original flight is still operating and still selling in biz yet BA won’t push or reroute sighting ‘we are only able to relay what Qatar have told us’ despite the so called new QR/BA joint agreement so heavily louded through emails to us all as executive club. This trip is 3 years delayed due covid and I saved for the biz class etc, just wondering if anyone has advice before I give up on getting home to family and delaying even further?! Thanks I’m advance and apologies for the long post. Kindest all be it stressed out regards.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls