Retaining BA Tier Status

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• openfly
    Participant

There are actually two tiers of Gold in the BA Exec Club.
    I discussed this with a very honest lady at BA. She admitted that less than 3000 tiers points in a year puts you on basic benefits with little chance of an upgrade…basically just above Silver. 3000+ tier points and you enter the Gold world at BA, as it used to be… Preferential everything, with a good chance of an upgrade. Your status is on their secret profile of you, on your booking and released on the pax manifest.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Openfly that’s frankly tosh.

I have received numerous upgrades in the past year as a consequence of my Gold Card. Benefits are hardly “basic” and include F check in, First and Arrivals lounge access regardless of class travelled, 50% mileage bonus on BA and QF, Open Doors (use any BA lounge globally even when not travelling BA) and no fees on booking changes. There are other benfits too.

The only additional level is Gold Guest List GGL which is reached after the 3,000 points you mentioned (2,500 for Europeople). To be invited, you must earn this points level two years running.

There are approximately 5,000 people who do receive GGL super premium “concierge” grade service, and so they should as they put tens of thousands of pounds of business BA’s way.

Premiers are invted by the BA Board and usually control millions of pounds of travel (CEO of Major Banks for instance) or a VVIPs or other strategically important people.

Concorde Room cards are awarded to those breaching 5,000 TPs annually.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The full benefits attached to your Silver or Gold Card status can be seen below:

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/ecbenftlanding/public/en_gb

PsyDtoBe
    Participant

To Biggles,

Be careful of what you wish for, Singapore Air has 2 types of membership, namely Krisflyer and PPS Club. Krisflyer SIlver and Gold are equivalent to Star’s Silver and gold and can be obtained by acquiring 25000 and 50000 Star miles which is a normal procedure, but then the benefits are normal too. in the other hand both PPS (PPS club and PPS Solitaire) are equivalent to Star’s Gold and can only be obtained by flying Singapore airline J and F revenue.

To obtain PPS Club status you need to fly only in Singapore air or Silk air Business, First or Suites, which, within 1 year, you have to give them revenue as much as SGD 25000 of basic airfare (tax and other surcharges are not counted). and to obtained Soiltare u have to be at least a member of PPS for 5 consecutive years.

I was once a PPS club member, but still i have no other benefit than F check in and lounges as well as Virgin lounges (Arrival and Departure in LHR and HKG) since virgin is owned by SIA. So, imagine if BA requires their passenger to accumulate £25000 n J or F in one year to get their Gold status! lol.

P.S. same procedure for renewal, but the excess money will go to PPS Bank which may be use to renew your membership status if you have a shortfall in credit the next year, once you reached PPS Solitaire.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls