Restriction on First Avios Reward Flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Montysaurus
    Participant

I read in another FF forum that BA might be considering restricting First Reward seats to GGLs. Is this likely to be correct?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I doubt anyone posting here would be able to give a serious opinion on that possibility.

PhilipHart
    Participant

Actually FDOS_UK, Rob (HeadForPoints) did offer his usual excellent and serious analysis here …

Where has all BA’s First Class Avios availability gone?

… but today he has provided an update …

Avios First Class availability to the Americas, Asia and Africa is back!

Ultimately it was quite likely a cockup rather than something sinister.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Philip, I read HFP and was aware of Rob’s comments. As you say, he’s an erudite guy.

I do not think it is possible to analyse the reasons behind what happened or why the availability was reinstated.

It could have been a mess up or it could have been kite flying to see what response emerged from the credit/charge card companies who spend a lot of money buying avios. Thus the return could have been fixing the error or a hasty retreat in the teeth of enraged customers. Or something else.

I certainly don’t have a clue and I doubt anyone outside a relatively small group of people in BA does, either.

PhilipHart
    Participant

[quote quote=860142]I certainly don’t have a clue and I doubt anyone outside a relatively small group of people in BA does, either.[/quote]

?

nevereconomy
    Participant

Interesting to note the concern regarding availability of a cheap F seat on a carrier which this forum so frquently finds
    poorly managed/uncompetitive/bottom of the barrel etc etc…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Interesting to note the concern regarding availability of a cheap decent business class seat on a carrier which this forum so frquently finds poorly managed/uncompetitive/bottom of the barrel etc etc…

There, I fixed that for you 😉

Personally, I wouldn’t waste my avios or money on a BA F seat after the last disastrous experience in 2013, but there are some who do appreciate an uplift over the award winning (in 2006) Club World.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@FDoS – agreed…

I tend to use avios on European sectors where on a bad day the monetary cost of a Y ticket into Europe can cost nearly as much as a J longhaul…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls