Restaurant in Geneva…

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

SilverShadow
    Participant

BT readers gave me some great reccomendations for restaurants in Amsterdam a while ago, so I was wondering if I could get some restaurant tips for my forthcoming trip through Geneva please?

I’m looking for places with good food and atmosphere, not too formal.

Thanks in advance!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi SilverShadow, these are my favourites in Geneva.

The Chinese Restaurant at La Reserve on the outskirts of Geneva
    Excellent food, relaxed atmosphere but a bit pricey. Smart casual, no tie needed.

Relais de l’Entrecote, Rue du Rhone 49 – Salad starter, entrecote + excellent chips with their famous sauce. Booking essential, Very relaxed and informal and reasonably priced for Geneva.

Cafe de Bourg de Four in the old town close to the Police. Excellent, relaxed (very) mainly Rosti but other delicious dishes as well.

Finally, Cafe du Centre, Pl. du Molard 5. Excellent fish, lobster etc. You must try the famous “Filets de Perche” from the lake. Relaxed, informal, with or without tie if you are entertaining and not too expensive.

Hope that helps. Let me know how you get on.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Relais de l’Entrecote would be my top tip also, superb fun service and smashing food.

Can get quite warm in there, as it’s close to the kitchens, and also a tad noisy, but certainly atmospheric.

Not for veggies, or they’ll be eating chips and salad. That really is all there is on the menu!!

esselle
    Participant

You could also try the restuarant in the airport, Altitude. Great location, great airfield views and very good food.

starflyer
    Participant

For Thai try Jeck’s Place, rue de Neuchâtel 14, Geneva 1201, near the train station

Not in the most salubrious neighborhood but good authentic Thai food and reasonable prices (and not just by Geneva standards).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls