Requirements to transit HK airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

More daily CX flights to UK from October as current flights are booked out. Manchester now often 5 times a week also.

1 user thanked author for this post.

drykl
    Participant

[postquote quote=1228385]

So sorry to hear about these difficulties. Seat availability is so tight, and prices stratospheric.

Our last trip was CX in Business from KUL -HKG – LHR in Jan 2020. Bewildered at that time to be accosted by a squad of temperature checkers at HKIA, and was slightly worried that I might be pulled off the flight into quarantine (had mild stomach bug and possibly slight fever after over-indulging on hawker food).

Can’t find anything available on CX Business in the near future, so will possibly attempt slightly tortuous route with SQ F to FRA, then LH connection to LHR. Sadly, this won’t help you with Avios redemption.

eshcoldp
    Participant

To just get back to my original question which i can now answer:

1. You can transit HK airport with no problem whatsoever. At no time was i asked by any official about vaccination status

2. You seem to go through the security check on entry to the transit area after dis-embarking, this was time consuming and in-efficient
    and i was very surprised at the line and slowness–took about 45 mins

3. there is nothing open overnight, and when Starbucks opened about 7:30 the line was too long. so bring snacks if this is permitted

-thanks –gregoire

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls