Requirements to transit HK airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

More daily CX flights to UK from October as current flights are booked out. Manchester now often 5 times a week also.

1 user thanked author for this post.

drykl
    Participant

@drykl

BA have this rule for avios flts, they can only re route you within 300 miles of your departure point. HKG is 1.5k/miles from sin and kul, so they insist they won’t let us depart from there. As it’s further than their 300 mile rule… it’s a joke really, in these times. What they really want Is for us to accept a refund, and then pay x 4 times the price to get home… seriously bad form. CX is fine, but they can’t quite coordinate our KUL HKG sector on J. But there are no J seats left out of HKG now anyway… we have back up from KUL on MH new tkts, x 4 times the avios, as we can’t use our companion 241 voucher on MH, which BA could easily transfer us on to, but they won’t.

So sorry to hear about these difficulties. Seat availability is so tight, and prices stratospheric.

Our last trip was CX in Business from KUL -HKG – LHR in Jan 2020. Bewildered at that time to be accosted by a squad of temperature checkers at HKIA, and was slightly worried that I might be pulled off the flight into quarantine (had mild stomach bug and possibly slight fever after over-indulging on hawker food).

Can’t find anything available on CX Business in the near future, so will possibly attempt slightly tortuous route with SQ F to FRA, then LH connection to LHR. Sadly, this won’t help you with Avios redemption.

eshcoldp
    Participant

To just get back to my original question which i can now answer:

1. You can transit HK airport with no problem whatsoever. At no time was i asked by any official about vaccination status

2. You seem to go through the security check on entry to the transit area after dis-embarking, this was time consuming and in-efficient
    and i was very surprised at the line and slowness–took about 45 mins

3. there is nothing open overnight, and when Starbucks opened about 7:30 the line was too long. so bring snacks if this is permitted

-thanks –gregoire

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller UK September 2022 edition
Business Traveller UK September 2022 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls