Request for BA routes from LCY

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

hemispheres
    Participant

It would be great if BA could start services from LCY to Bergerac to serve the Dordogne. Commonly referred to as ‘Dordogne-shire’

Tristar1979
    Participant

I thing BHD (Belfast City) would be a great little route from LCY.

Travellator
    Participant

Couldnt agree more Tristar, put the hot brekkie on board and an early morning flight would be a winner, would love to see the Chatham Dockyard Tailfin back in Northern Ireland !

Tristar1979
    Participant

Well Travellator, you shall see the Chatham Dockyard Tailfin back in NI, as BACF are doing a small number of charter flights this summer from BFS.

They should exercise there remaining 195 option and start the route, they could base it in NI over the weekend and perhaps pick up some more charter work!

SaveFLR
    Participant

Here in Florence we have a very similar airport (FLR) to LCY. The only BA service is a codeshare twice a day flight operated by a Meridiana A319 to LGW, but a month ago Air France started a daily flight to LCY. I think it’s a shame that BA doesn’t fly here, we have a huge British group of residents and Florence is a tourist destination very popular in UK.

Travellator
    Participant

RE BHD – BMi just a shadow of their former selves, shouldnt be allowed to call themselves FULL service.

Pleasantly surprised however by FlyBe to LGW once you conform to their cabin baggage restrictions. 195 nice to fly in.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Tristar 1979

British European (now renamed Flybe) used to operate LCY-BHD some time back but the route failed.

SaveFLR:

But does BA have the right plane to operate into FLR now that the RJs have left the fleet ?

SaveFLR
    Participant

LondonCty:

Lufthansa operates the Embraer 190 from FRA. I don’t know if the BA E190 is the same version, but I think so.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Quite correct. But it’s the take-off performance which is the crucial matter as planes taking off from FLR have to cope with the nearby Apennines.

FLR-FRA is around 450 miles whereas FLR-LCY is around 750 miles. So although LH’s E190 can operate to FRA could that plane type reach LCY bearing in mind take-offs from FLR can be tricky on hot summer days when flights are full up with pax and luggage ?

Runway limitations at FLR dictate the plane type and length of flights that can be operated.

SaveFLR
    Participant

I agree. I suppose this is the problem. As regards the A319 option Meridiana and Alitalia operates a particular version with enchanced brake capacity, but, as I know, they have many problems with landing in case of southern wind. The runaway for landing is one way south to north with about 1500 mt. available, and sometimes they have to divert to PSA or BLQ.
    At the moment there is a plan for a new 2000 mt runaway, but as usual in Italy, we will need a real miracle to have it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls