\"Report\" post button – should there be a confirmation?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Nick
    Participant

Has anyone else accidentally done what I just did – go to reply, and end up mistakenly reporting a post instead? I blame having the report option be between the two different reply options…

Since a mistaken report will take moderator time to review and ignore, would it be better if there was a confirmation prompt before the report was accepted? Or move the report button to a different area away from reply / quote?

(Assuming I’m not the only person ever to click the wrong button, that is!)

1 user thanked author for this post.

first_class_please
    Participant

Better to swap REPORT with the hidden THANKS button !

capetonianm
    Participant

Agree. It should also not be possible to report a post anonymously, or without specifying why one is doing so.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi Nick – thanks for your comment. Your suggestion on having a confirmation prompt is a good one – we’ll see if that can be done easily.

PhilipHart
    Participant

About 3 or 4 years ago, I offered to provide Tom – free, gratis and for no money – the one line of Javascript that would pop up a confirmation dialog to mitigate this problem.

In reply he thanked me for my offer, but said that, since the platform would soon be updated, there was no need for short-term fixes.

Seems that the update never happened.

Meanwhile my offer still stands.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls