reopened Terminal 4 (LHR)

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Shortly to use T4 at Heathrow which has only just reopened. Has anyone any experience of departing from T4 recently, in terms of check in, security, fast track, lounges etc etc.

Also on the return have there been any baggage issues in T4?

Many thanks

stevescoots
    Participant

[postquote quote=1224057]

i came back through T4 2 weeks ago on QR, took no more than 30 mins from getting off the plane to being outside terminal with luggage.

3 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

Martyn

My son arrived at T4 yesterday. he was through the terminal in no time at all (but he only carried hand baggage). He returns home through T4 tomorrow – I will let you know about any delays.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1224092]He returns home through T4 tomorrow – I will let you know about any delays.[/quote]

Thanks ASK1945 – I will be going through T4 on Friday morning, so very timely…(also only with hand luggage)..

DerekVH
    Participant

I flew into T4 from KUL on the 6th July and sailed through passport control and luggage was on the belt by the time I got there,

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1224106]

Martyn

My son has just gone through in LHR T4. Hand baggage only so no bag drop. There was no Fast Track available for security and it has taken him an hour to get through. He has written: “They had one woman only directing people to different lines, but she could not see all of the lines from where she was standing. Useless staff and system”.

He previously flew through T4 a month ago and had no problem on entry to the UK nor leaving. There was no problem on entry earlier this week, also.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thanks ASK1945 – think I will get my car to come slightly earlier just in case…

Cant believe the q’s this evening in Hale Lane – traffic lights for 5 days with not one worker in sight for 4 or 5 days…

ASK1945
    Participant

Not just Hale Lane. It’s taking them weeks just to repair the footpath along the A41 going down from Apex, with one lane of the road shut.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

This morning in T4, very different to yesterdays reported long security delays.

From entering terminal to passing through security less than 5 minutes. Benefited from online check in, so no need to wait at a check in desk, which was showing closed on the board for another 30 minutes.

Different from ASK1945 comment, was today despite 3 security lanes being open, nobody was directing passengers, to open spaces, hence most lanes only had 2 out of the 4 spaces being used.

ASK1945
    Participant

Martyn …………. just confirms the total lack of predictability about what’s going on at our airports.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1224586]

Yep. Short of staff and cannot even organise the ones they have efficiently.

FormerBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1224588]

Twas ever thus

What I always find amusing is the drive by Heathrow security staff to force you to swipe you boarding pass, just prior to the undressing area. It only ever happens when it is not busy, but if you have waited 15-20 minutes, remarkably, they don’t work

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls