Reinventing the wheel.

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

(BA World Traveller (economy) meal enhancements)

Quoted from the BT article ‘New options include pretzels with the welcome drink, a four course meal with starter, main, dessert, and cheese and biscuits and a second meal or “substantial snack” depending on the length of the flight.’

The other addition is the water cuplet being replaced with a bottle of water and a ‘help yourself’ tuck box on night flights and a magnum ice cream on day flights.

Revolutionary? Or did I read the same press release a few years ago??

About fifteen years ago the World traveller meal was exactly as described above. Come BA’s ‘fight for survival’ in 2009 and the bottle of water, cheese and biscuits and pretzels with the welcome drink got the cut as did the tuck boxes. A few years later the economy meal service was enhanced – back to what it was previously – with great fanfare due to plummeting customer scores of BA’s catering.

Then about three years ago it was decided cuts again were needed – the cheese and biscuits were removed, as were the bottles of water, pretzels with the drinks and tuck boxes.

However now we see BA is offering a new improved WT meal service! And guess what ‘new items’ will feature? A bottle of water, pretzels with the welcome drink, cheese and biscuits and the tuck boxes. Can I get off the merry go round?

British Airways launches World Traveller catering revamp

capetonianm
    Participant

YAWN ………

(That’s directed at the message, not at the messenger!)

FDOS_UK
    Participant

And they are going back to 10 across 777 Y cabins, too.

Something else that didn’t go down very well in the olden days – wonder if the two are linked, perchance?

canucklad
    Participant

As someone who only fly’s long haul for leisure and predominantly in “Y” , I’m afraid BA long ago burnt their bridges with me and are not on my radar.

I only fly long haul BA when I’m burning points, and that’s to UG to at the least PE.

Sadly their Y service offering is more akin to a charter airline than it is to supposedly something you’d expect from the UK’s flag carrier.

And rferguson, you’re right re-inventing the wheel isn’t going to adjust my thinking, especially when you consider the dosh you’re expected to fork out for substandard nosh.

I’ll stick to CX, AC, EK, QR , KL and even AF !!

Having said that BA’s marketing team missed a trick, they could have promoted their inflight service as experiencing a “West End show on wings” . Alas Oliver Twist might not be everybody’s choice of musical

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls