Register Your Amex for double points at World Duty Free

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Sign up here, before Sunday 30th, valid for transactions up to 2nd December:

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/GB/en/UK2012WorldDutyServiceMR/

..includes the usual feeble £5 off a £70 spend voucher once you’ve completed the form, or go direct to http://www.worlddutyfree.co.uk/amex7

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

This offer is actually for double Amex Membership Reward points, cashback or Avios, depending on the card you use – this isn’t linked to BAA WorldPoints.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Ah! Quite correct ANDREWYOUNG1.

The offer is poorly worded, and I took “rewards” to mean Worldpoints.

I think I also signed up for some sort of double Worldpoints offer via Amex a few weeks ago (which I assume would be added on top of the double worldpoints I get anyway by dint of my annual spend) but I can’t now find a link.

Confusingly, the Amex MR/BA Amex Avios offer above says on the sign up page it’s valid until 2 December, while on the confirmation page says it’s valid for spend until 31 December (which I thought only applied to the voucher).

Also, I couldn’t get the voucher to show up, though I (or possibly AY1) posted it on another thread.

You gotta love Amex’s joined up IT/marketing….!

navnov11
    Participant

Thanks VK. Any HHonors promotions for November?

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Indeed – these offers are always a little bit convoluted, and you always seem to have to wait for months for the bonus points to be added by which time you’ve forgotten what they were for.

I can’t find a link for it, but I received a communiqué from Amex in the post recently with the offer of 40% bonus Avios or 35% bonus Virgin flying club miles when you transfer Membership Reward points to the airlines before the end of October – again bonus miles will be credited by the end of December.

And it’s probably already been publicised on the BT forum but the Amex travel website is currently offering 5x membership rewards on all bookings (flights, hotels, experiences etc.) which is a decent offer if the site isn’t more expensive than booking direct, which I’m not sure if it is or isn’t.

VintageKrug
    Participant

By the time you’ve faffed around researching the best deal online which optimises your requirements, rather than just being put into the hotel from which they recover the best margin, calling them up for ten minutes to make the booking and waiting an hour or so for them to email a booking confirmation – normally with some random heading which makes it totally unsearchable unless you file it in your travel folder there and then, and being forced to pay by Amex – it’s often not worth it, even for x5 MRs.

I find the quidco 12% cashback route both lucrative and straightforward.

Sorry Nav, I don’t really “do” Hilton if I can avoid it, just my annual stay to keep my comped Diamond ticking over. I don’t find it a very good scheme for me, but others may enjoy it.

Despite asking twice about Hilton promos on another thread, no-one responded…!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls