Refused Lounge Access – SWISS Silver FTL

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

SwissExPat
    Participant

do remember seeing the following a few months back but had forgotten.

“…..As a Frequent Traveller, travelling in Economy Class on a flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier, can enjoy their time at the airport in an Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa or SWISS Business Lounge as well as in the lounges of Miles & More partners: Brussels Airlines, Luxair* and LOT Polish Airlines.

Unfortunately, access to the current Contract Lounges will no longer be possible as of
    1 September 2012.

*only in connection with a flight operated by Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair or SWISS…… “

Yesterday, after having visited the Swiss Lounge in Dublin for the last 3 years using my M&M Silver FTL, they refused me entry.

Shocking really! I cannot understand why SWISS would degrade their product offering on some routes. It looks like some routes are affected (London/Madrid/Dublin/Malaga…..) and some not (Amsterdam, Paris,…)

I always thought that full service airlines such as SWISS and LH would seek to ensure that they had a consistent product offering across their scheduled network but now that is not the case. i.e you buy the ticket and know what you are going to get.

Actually targeting the bread and butter Silver FTLs with this is also amazing. Certainly BA would not do this to Silvers!

Also, reading the above quote suggests that it would happen on 1 Sept but looks like someone was a bit trigger happy and jumped the gun by a few days.

This kind of service reduction is very unusual for SWISS. It will affect my choice of Airline (i.e will book BA for London Trips in future)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls